Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-26-2004, 10:45 PM
Felurian

Our first cat was Gulliver, a giant ginger who appeared at Buchanan Airfield, where my Dad was the civil engineer, on a planeload of pot from Acapulco. He was a well-traveled cat.

Gonzo, my big Blue, was . . . well, he was just a Gonzo sorta cat. Very chilly character.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:43 AM

my little Cairn terrior was named Mr. Fleabags. Nope, he never had fleas.....I think it was cause my hubby called him that once and it just stuck. We actually just called him Flea. Do we stink at naming pets or what???!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2004, 07:26 AM
Felurian

LOL! That reminds me of what my Mom said one time when we were having an invasion of fleas. She got frustrated one day after Roo, her little Terrier mix, came in from the backyard just crawling with fleas and exclaimed in dismay: "oh, Roo, you're going to give everyone Flea-D if I don't get you into the tub!" It stuck, and forever after, when we find a flea on one of the critters, it's got Flea-D.

As to calling your Cairn Flea, well, you could always tell people you named him Flea after the bassist for the Red Hot Chili Peppers and just sound terribly chilly about naming him.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Big Dog

We had a cat on our farm named Tinker when I was about 5. He was a solid black tom cat...just gorgeous! He was attacked by a raccoon in our yard when he was about 2, and he was very badly beaten. He was so panicked, that he took off before my dad could get him and take him to the vet. My dad explained that in the wild, animals go off to die alone, but we cried and cried for him. A few weeks later, who should come walking up from the bush?! He had healed as best he could..He had lost an eye, part of one ear, and his jaw had been broken, so his bottom teeth stuck out like a very bad under bite, but he was still gorgeous to us! And he started to purr as soon as he saw us. He lived till his eleventh year, and was always very happy and healthy, but since the day he had come back, my dad called him Ningle-ning, and it stuck. No one ever called him Tinker again!
Old 09-27-2004, 01:51 PM
Wolfpack

I don't really know how we came up with the name "Amira".I just know that before we got her we were so eager to have her...The night before the big arrivel all 3 of us (my mom,my brother and me) picked up a book (it didn't matter what kind) and searched for a name.And seemed that 2 of us got similar names to "Amira" and we thought the name also sounded like her father's name (his name was Pamir).We had no idea that "Amira" ment something...We were one day in the park (I think she was 3 years old then) and I was playing with her and calling her by name.And then a man stopped me and asked me if I knew what it (the name) ment.And I said no.And he said that it means "princess" in arabian.I was so surprized (in a good way) and I thought to myself that "Wow,it fits her so perfectly" (because she really is our princess).
The name for our first cat comes from the general Nestor (he was an important man in history or something like that lol) because he is a little like a bully when I play with him (he bites for real)...my mom named him.I didn't like it but I got used to the name.
And our second cat was named (by me ) after the character "Smeagol" from the movie Lord of the rings (I guess I'm not the only one lol).
Nicco