Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Forum Help and Information

Old 07-29-2007, 02:30 AM
Active Pup

Question I need help!

I just got a new dog. Shes a 6 week old German Shepherd and she keeps crying for no reason shes not hungry, thirsty or has to go to the washroom. What should i do plus i need some help teaching her name to her.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
Old 07-29-2007, 03:36 AM
Big Dog

She isn't crying for no reason. She's only 6 weeks old and too young to be parted from her mother and littermates. Likely she's a bit scared/nervous/insecure and wondering why mommy isn't coming to her when she calls.

If you have the option, I'd take her back to be with her mother and littermates (if her littermates are even still there now) for at least another 2 weeks. If not, you'll just have to give her time to adjust. As for her name, use it a lot, and never in a negative way. She'll soon catch on.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Pound Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by britishbandit View Post
She isn't crying for no reason. She's only 6 weeks old and too young to be parted from her mother and littermates. Likely she's a bit scared/nervous/insecure and wondering why mommy isn't coming to her when she calls.

If you have the option, I'd take her back to be with her mother and littermates (if her littermates are even still there now) for at least another 2 weeks. If not, you'll just have to give her time to adjust. As for her name, use it a lot, and never in a negative way. She'll soon catch on.
Exactly. She is wondering why she is no longer with her mom and her littermates and is all alone. Where is she sleeping?

And about teaching her her name, just keep using it and when she looks at you when you say it, say "good dog" in an excited, happy voice. She'll ctach on.

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it." - George Santayana