Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 07-18-2007, 05:53 PM
tessa_s212

Default She was killed today

This is young little Lacy way back when she was jsut a very young pup. She was small, smart, eager to listen and please. All she needed was someone to exercise, train, and love her.

She was adopted out. Now is is over a year old and dumped back at the shelter, owners claiming she was "too hyper"(perhaps because they ignored and never exercised her), "untrainable" (again, perhaps should have actually TRIED to train her), and runs off too much(lets hear it one more time, maybe theyshould have exercised her!).

And today, given only the small chance that someone would want a jumping, barking, circling, energetic dog that loves to pull on the leash and doesn't even know to sit, she was sent off to be euthanized.

They killed her. And when I say "they", I do not mean the actual individuals that put that needle into her injecting the substance that would end her life quickly and painlessly while perhaps even holding that sweet girl tight in their arms fighting back tears.. no, not them. I am talking about the ignorant individuals that neglected this dog. It is they.. they are the ones that killed this dog.

Anger won't help the matter. It was mere ignorance, not purposeful abuse... but my heart is torn for this dog. I was not able to save her. I could blame myself, I could blame the previous owners, or maybe I should go all the way back to blaming the people that bred this puppy in the first place.

Yes, there are many to blame, and many do share an important role in this dog's death..

and that is why I must continue to do my best to educate. And one will never do so with blame, anger or hatred. No, I will not feel hate. No, I will not be angry at anyone. No, I will not even let myself blame and point fingers even if those idnividuals so rightly deserve it. I will feel immensely sad for this particular dog as well as the many like her, and if I ever run into those owners(whether it be the owners that actually owned this dog, or the many more out there that simply are just as ignorant), I will do nothing more than do my best to kindly educate them. I only hope I am presented with this opportunity more often and do not fail.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Are you dead yet?

RIP, Lacy.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Ruled by a RED boy!

RIP Lacy and all the others that were PTS today
Old 07-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Love My KEEShond

R.I.P. Lacy .
Old 07-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Top Dog

Fly free Lucy !!! Unfortunately thousands joined you today . I hope you all find happiness at The Bridge ..............R.I.P.

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 07-18-2007, 06:33 PM
Felurian

Wonderful - but tragic - post, Tessa. I think it bears copying and stickying in Rescue . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Rebel With Cause

Great post Tessa. We can only hope that one day the more intelligent life forms on planet earth will learn from the lesser intelligent ones.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:03 PM
:( only one :(

I'm so sorry Lacy.

I'm sorry that your breeder let you down by being neglectful when bringing you in this world.

I'm sorry that the people who first cherished when you were a puppy let you down by not giving you proper care and a forever home to live in as a family member.

Very touching post, Tess. Puts a face on the dogs we kill everyday.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Chihuahua Power!

That is so sad. RIP, Lacy

Great post, Tessa. Hopefully people will read this and think twice before buying from irresponsible breeders.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 07-19-2007, 01:00 AM
Big Dog

That is so sad Tessa. Hope Lacy is with Tiga on rainbow bridge. The same thing happened to Tiga, a beautiful full of energy sweet, funny, dog my daughter fostered while she was in college. She just needed some time, love, and training. I commend you for your committment to educating, despite your feelings.