Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-24-2004, 08:32 AM
Felurian

Kharma does the same thing to Shiva over the end spot on the sofa. They both like to lay there and prop their chin on the arm to watch TV. Kharma will grab one of Shiva's toys or saunter over to the food dish, Shiva takes the bait, and Kharma circles around and gets the spot. Shiva doesn't always fall for it, and sometimes she doesn't let it stand when she does. Being so much bigger, Shiva will sometimes just wedge herself in behind Kharma and push her off. If football is on, though, all bets are off! Kharma LOVES to watch football. She seems to think the players need to be herded.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:43 AM

makes me giggle...........Addie does the same thing...wants top spot on the bed....lures Hammie off with the pretense of play, then jumps up to claim the prime spot...inbetween us. Meanwhile............we are just trying to have our evening tea.....craving peace!
Old 09-24-2004, 03:25 PM
Big Dog

Great topic!

Scooter the moose of a Yorkie likes whatever he is laying on like a blanket or the bath rug to be rumpled up. He also likes to have one of his stuffed animals under his chin when he is resting. Scooter also likes to slink his body across the floor or me like a slinky or another way to describ it is it looks like he is doing an army crawl. He loves his butt to be patted and wants to be carried around on my hip like a human baby and I just love it.

Cidney, he must have his body touching mine when he sleeps and I cant sleep without him doing that. When I leave for work everyday, I have to lay my bath robe in his doggy bed and he sleeps on that during the day and that in it self is a morning ritual. Cidney knows about when its time for me to put work clothes on and he will sit and wait next to his doggy day bed for me to put the robe in and he wont get in it until then. To me, those types of actions from a dog speaks volumes of how much he loves me back.
Old 09-24-2004, 05:43 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Oh, great topic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi
Like children....they can be sleeping, but let the phone ring and the minute I start talking they are misbehaving or fighting for my attention. Guess I'm not supposed to be talking to anyone else. LOL
Maddie and Carly double team me when I'm on the phone. All of my co-workers, friends and family talk about me because they will be in the middle of telling me something and I'll be totally ignoring them because the dogs are doing something crazy. I swear, they're perfect little angels, but let me get on the phone and the devils come out in them. Maddie likes to knock over the garbage can. She's never eaten out of the garbage, just knocks it over so I'll come running. Carly's favorite distracting technique is to circle the floor and even squat like she's going to pee. It works on me every time - she's lucky she's so cute!
Maddie likes to curl up on the couch, and just when I'm about to fall asleep she nibbles on my hair like she's grooming me. Hard.
Carly chases her tail all the time! She catches it often; when she does she carries it around in her mouth for a good hour unless I tell her to let it go. She's so crazy!
When Maddie's laying by my feet she has to flip her ear so it is resting on my foot. I don't know why or how this started, but she seriously goes out of her way to have her curly cocker ear laying on my foot.

Don't the 'little things' they do make you love them so much more?

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 09-24-2004, 05:54 PM
Big Dog

It amazes me how they can pick up on your routine! When I get up in the morning, if I put on my comfies, they're fine, if I get my hat, they go nuts cuz they know that means a walk. We have an open ensuite bathroom in our bedroom (half wall privacy for the toilet, but no other walls) so they lie on the bed while I'm in the shower. When I get out of the shower, if I grab comfies they're happy, if I grab dress clothes, they lie there and sigh and moan cuz they know that means I'm leaving. They make me feel soooo guilty every time I get ready for work! On thurs. I only work at 3 pm, so they've already had 1 walk, playtime and cuddle time before I get ready, but they still both lie there with they're heads hanging over the edge of the bed sighing and moaning! God forbid Greg and I are BOTH putting on dress clothes, it is like the end of the universe!!
Old 09-25-2004, 12:32 AM
Felurian

Oh, mine have that figured out too! When they see me getting dressed, they wait and watch. They're okay while I'm in the shower; they're okay while I'm putting on clothes. They start to get antsy when I go for my shoes, but if I start putting on makeup, they try to disappear out the front door. They'll try to NOT come when I whistle, knowing full well that I won't leave the house until they're inside. They also know if they wait long enough it will be too late for me to go and get any work done before the courthouse closes. Brats.

Now, I've learned to shut them in before I get to the makeup and they start disappearing. They've succeeded in modifying my behaviour.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:34 AM
Felurian

One of Shiva's funniest quirks is watching the Today Show. She likes Matt Lauer, watches Al Roker adoringly, thumps her tail when Anne is talking, and GROWLS at Katie Couric!
Old 09-25-2004, 07:03 AM
Big Dog

Smart girl you've got Renee! Matt Lauer is kinda cute, Al Roker is loveable and that Katie Couric can be annoying!!! My girls don't sit and watch anything, but one of my friends comes home from work everyday to find her 2 dogs stretched out in front of the TV like a couple of kids!