Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 06-23-2005, 01:00 AM
Big Dog

Just thought I would add my two cents in. I have not tried my dobies on the sweet taters yet but looks like I am going to now!! I did a lot of research on Vegetables for my dogs. My vet took me the more the better! Well I give my dogs a can of vegetables with each meal, green beans, peas, mixed, carrots, spinach, or pumpkin. Their coats look great! Plus they get brewers yeast and garlic once a day also. I also use raw vegetables as a training reward. But there all time favorite in the summer is my grape tomatoes right out of the garden. LOL Last year we could not figure out why we were not getting any ripe ones till we caught them stealing the ripe ones through the fence line. They would not touch the green ones! Pretty smart dogs! Now we have to watch the garden very close this year. They have already started looking for the ripe toms. LOL
Old 06-23-2005, 01:08 AM
Island dweller

Mikey loves sweet potatoes too but only if they are cooked (baked). The other two think they are just OK.

Frzbuns, you should be careful how much canned food you give your dogs. It's very high in sodium. At least rinse it first if you have to feed it.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:17 AM
Big Dog

This may sound like a lot of work but it's fun. I quarter the sweet potatoe and slice it very thin, sprinkle it with garlic and bake. It makes kinda like a sweet potatoe chip for my Magic and she loves them as a snack and they do crunch like a chip.

Old 06-23-2005, 09:38 AM
Felurian

My Purdue loved garden tomatoes, especially the little cherry tomatoes - my Dad's favorite! Purdue only picked the ripe ones too. We had tomato plants coming up all over the yard the next spring

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian