yet another guessing game.... what are we?

Hello, i adopted these 2 wonderful dogs from our local humane society a year ago.. i have always wanted opinions about what they might be as far as thier mix.. everyone always asks what are they or what is that.. and i proudly say thats a neo and a trinity...lol Neo is white with big black patches however he has smaller "airbrushed" looking ones and also black spots on his undercoat and skin, one blue eye and one blue and brown eye. Trinity is smaller a redish brown and white with beautiful light light brown eyes.
(click on the thumbnail for a bigger pict)

trinity

Neo

Baileys

Do I see some Dalmation in there? While the markings are definitely not those of a Dalmation, I'm kinda stumped! Maybe some Great Dane?
My guess with a blue eye, there's either huskey (which the coat does not reflect!) or some other type of blue eyed puppy in there :)

Gee, I'm not good at picking breed features for breeds I'm not that familiar with. I'm interested to see what the pros say.. :)

Absolutely adorable doggies though!

hahaha you sound like me.. thats why i posted this here.. my main reason was to see if maybe there are any health concerns i should be worried about but even then i know theres no promise due to not knowing exactly what breed(s) they are but could kinda give me some kind of hindsight in case something ever comes up. Now temperment wise they are totally different.. Neo (black and white) is very laid back, learns quickly . Trinity (brown and white) is very very high strung, takes her a bit longer to learn things ( or rather she does them when shes ready) be cause she is always on the go. Both have great house manners ( boy that took some time) except for the first initial case of the zoomies when i let them out of thier crates. ( both dogs are crated when no one is home or at night for the fact when they get bored they will destroy the house)so i too am interested to see what the "seasoned dog lovers" have to say

noludoru

Bored Now.
I see some Pointer in there somewhere. Then maybe Amstaff, APBT, or something vaguely similar. They look *SO* familiar but I can't quite place it.

The coloring is normal, Matrix. :)

If they are Dal mixes, you want to check their urine for crystals.... I don't think they look like Dal mixes, and if they do have Dal in there it's a grandma or grandpa.

pitbullpony

BSL Can Be Beaten
I see APBT or Amstaff in both of them - are they from your area; and are APBT/Amstaff common to your area; both good clues for figuring out what type they are.

noludoru

Bored Now.
OH... not to be insulting.. just in case you don't know (and hey, a year ago I didn't) APBT is an American Pit Bull Terrier and an Amstaff is an American Staffordshire Terrier. They are pretty much the same breed.. the AKC just decided they didn't like the name, so they changed it.

yes.. apbt's are very common here and not for the good reasons either.. infact a year ago they siezed 42 "pitbulls" from a house one town over, they went to the local county shelter and my girl
was transfered from the local county shelter to the humane society at that time
as well ( she was 3months old then) Neo was found in a dumpster starving to death ( he was 5 months)

Baileys

How about Catahoulas? Are they common there? Check out the blue eyes in the pics...prolly not whole, but good chance there could be some in there...especially w/ the shape of the head and nose..

noludoru

Bored Now.
I could see some possible Catahoula.... But that last dog doesn't look like any Cats I have ever seen.:confused:

Baileys

It's a catahoula bulldog hybrid... i got the pics from the find-a-breed website someone else had posted on one of the other forums.

Sush

Yeah, I say they are both majority bully breed, APBT or Amstaff. I think they each have a little of something else in there as well but it's hard cuz the bully breed shines through so much. If people asked, I'd just say "beautiful mutts" :)

thank you for the replies :) this has to be the nicest dog forum i have been on. i joined a few others last year trying to get "educated" about bully breeds after hearing all kinds of horror stories from neighbors and family.I did learn alot but the people werent so nice some went as far as to say my dogs should have been PTS because they were cur dogs.. i swear evil evil people in this world

as far as i know we don't have any or very few Catahoulas out here.. i have never seen or heard of that dog before they are great looking dogs though i especially like the dark coat with the blue eyes ( i did soem searching lol)

Members online

No members online now.