Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 06-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctraill View Post
Many Thanks. I adopted my dog 1 year ago today and she was tested at the shelter and was negative. We took her to the vet who put her on heartguard. We moved house a couple on months later and registered with another vet from the same group just a different practice, Banfield, they seem to be in all the petsmart stores. When we registered with this new one once we moved, the vet said we had to do a blood test otherwise she wouldnt give the heartguard to her as she wanted to be sure that the test was right, she wouldnt trust someone elses test. Now 6 months later the vet wants to give my dog another blood test before giving me more heartguard. I live in houston texas, where it is needed probably year round, but wanted to check the rate of blood test before telling her to get lost, they just seem to want to take your money all time.

We are thinking of finding a vet who wants to get to know the dog rather than thinking of how much money they can take from us.

I would suggest you switch vets NOW. Banfield is not a place I would ever trust my dog's vet care with. There was a thread started a while back on it. The horror stories you would read from costomers on one website was amazing.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:04 PM
*Biter*

The bottom line for Banfield is MONEY, not pet care. I've worked there, I've seen the memos from corporate, I've gotten the speeches about selling selling selling those stupid wellness plans, I've seen them push treatments on dogs that don't need it (A dental on a 14 year old Afghan Hound, who by the way, died on the table as I was doing the dental)......

I hate Banfield. I could go on for hours.

Find another vet. You hit the nail on the head. Banfield wants your money.

Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt
Old 06-30-2007, 01:30 PM
overdogged

yup, i agree- i'd switch vets.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 07-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Harumph™©®

Riot, same here. My vet will not give me sentinel unless I test her at the year mark.