Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Babyblue5290's Avatar
Babyblue5290 Babyblue5290 is offline
Happy Meal. Yum.
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,960
Default

Yup, what everyone else say. Maybe a bit overweight, but she also looks like a very broad girl! That may be why so many think she's overweight, she has a very deep chest! lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-15-2007, 08:05 PM
jess2416's Avatar
jess2416 jess2416 is offline
Who woulda thought <3
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 22,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290 View Post
Yup, what everyone else say. Maybe a bit overweight, but she also looks like a very broad girl! That may be why so many think she's overweight, she has a very deep chest! lol
Yes she is (thats what I was trying to say when I said sturdy LOL) but she isn't overweight at all...

Actually that was the first thing I noticed about her when I first bet her was how broad and sturdy she was (for a little one )
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Babyblue5290's Avatar
Babyblue5290 Babyblue5290 is offline
Happy Meal. Yum.
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess2416 View Post
Yes she is (thats what I was trying to say when I said sturdy LOL) but she isn't overweight at all...

Actually that was the first thing I noticed about her when I first bet her was how broad and sturdy she was (for a little one )
That's what I was thinking, from the pics she looks a bit chubby to me, but I can't really tell considering how big boned she is! Like other said, pics are deceiving sometimes, especially with a very big boned, short little girl like Kona lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-17-2007, 09:25 PM
ToscasMom's Avatar
ToscasMom ToscasMom is offline
Harumph™©®
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mother Ship
Posts: 6,211
Default

The best way to tell is to feel for her ribs and note the side indentation (or lack of) from above. She looks good to me, I just think she's a bit low to the ground so that might give an impression of a little extra weight even if there isn't extra weight.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-19-2007, 06:34 AM
Angel Chicken
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToscasMom View Post
The best way to tell is to feel for her ribs and note the side indentation (or lack of) from above. She looks good to me, I just think she's a bit low to the ground so that might give an impression of a little extra weight even if there isn't extra weight.
That's what I was thinking... she's short, possibly making her look a bit more chubby than other dogs?

I can feel her ribs easily, hardly any pressure and you can feel them.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-20-2007, 03:30 PM
dogs_rox dogs_rox is offline
Active Pup
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7
Default

its better not to go by looks but check her weight. a little weight extra or less is fine since it depends on the dog's structure (he may have heavy bones), but if he's off by more than a couple of kilos, you'll know he needs to lose some. its better to exrecise your dog more instead of cutting down on his food. but increase teh exercise time gradually. give him time to adjust
__________________


Large Dog Breeds - Your Online Large Dog Breed Information Gateway
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Whisper's Avatar
Whisper Whisper is offline
Kaleidoscopic Eye
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,746
Default

I actually don't think weight is the most specific and accurate way to judge a dog's fitness. I've seen very healthy, fit dogs whose weight I was alarmed to find because so much of it was made up of muscle.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 PM.


©1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site