Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 06-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Island dweller

Default Moose meat

My spoiled doggies have been getting moose meat. A girl we know is cleaning out her freezer getting ready for the next hunting season and gave us a couple grocery bags full of the stuff. They had a whole meal of it a few days ago but now I've just got ground meat left and I'm splitting it up so they get a wild treat every day for the next couple weeks. They love it. They get that happy drunken look while they eat it. lol The cats love it too. Especially Sylvester. Now that cat loves meat!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:10 AM
Top Dog

I am JEALOUS!!!!! Good for you- or, for your pups!
Old 06-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Snow Girl

Me too!!!! Although...if I had a bunch of moose meat not only would the dogs be getting some, but I would be feasting on it too! I love wild game!

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 06-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Island dweller

lol Oh they go batty for it. I put Mav in his crate to eat last night and somehow as he was walking past his bowl he scooped out the moose meat and ate it before he turned around or I saw it. And then he looked at his kibble like I was crazy lol. And the cats... oh my gawd. Especially Sylvester. He got a spoonful of it last night plus two sardines and half a cup of kibble and he was hungry again this morning!!! lol

I'm going to try and find more hunters to share their meat with me. Or maybe I should send steve hunting. lol
Old 06-07-2007, 01:32 PM

Call your local game/fish Nazi. They may call you when there is a fresh road kill. Which reminds me I need to get in touch with mine. I asked him before I was set up with a place to butcher and he said he would call once I let him know. I didnt call because I had a job that wouldnt accept me calling in late to butcher road kill.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
Ayn Rand

There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist.
Ayn Rand