Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 06-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Active Pup

Default need cake (or similar) recipe

LOL I like to have excuses and themes for cookouts. Well Dusty's 1st birthday is coming up (we havent picked the date yet , we dont know exactly for sure she was adopted) we're thinking june 30 or july 7.
So we are going to call it Dusty's 1st birthday woof-out. man Im lame
so I want to make her a cake just for her, obviously small, sugar free, anyone ever make a cake for their dog? care to share the recipe.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Harumph™©®

http://www.party-photo-favors.com/do...ke_recipes.htm
Old 06-05-2007, 05:18 PM
<--------Orson

This came from a poster on my Doberman forum.........it is supposed to be very good.
(for dogs that is.....doesn't sound yummy to me )

Sardine Cake

1 can sardines in oil
1 and half cups flour ( self rising or wholemeal )
2 eggs
grated parmesan

Mix everything together until its like brownie mix, put in a cake tin and bake at 350 for 20 minutes

Also I have recently seen posted (and tried) doggie ice cream! It is made from 1/2 plain yogurt & 1/2 peanut butter............Microwave the peanutbutter to soften it up, mix together with Yogurt & freeze.

Better than frosty paws, because you know exactly what is in it, no mysteries
Old 06-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Active Pup

Great! thank you
Old 06-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Snow Girl

Another one I have seen is you take hamburger patties and mashed potatoes. Dye the mashed potatoes to the colour you wish to have your cake. put a patti on the plate then put a layer of mashed potatoes (btw no butter, salt or margerine!) put another hamburger patti and then another layer of mashed potatoes. Keep doing this for as many layers as you wish the cake to have. When you are all done, smear mashed potatoes all over the outside of the "cake" (like you would with icing) and then decorate with anything you want like dog bisquits, carrot shavings, peas, etc

I have also given my guys small pieces of carrot cake without the cream cheese icing if you want something thats tastey for both dogs and humans

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 06-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Active Pup

I like the hamburger pattie idea.

I am going to make a seperate human cake for everyone eles , not as special of course.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Top Dog

I made the following, it's a tad smelly, but the dogs go crazy for it.

I used a couple boxes of corn muffin mix, add the eggs as directed, and mixed with beef liver that I put thru the food processor. Baked in a cake pan,
It's not "fluffy" like a cake, the liver hardens it up, (and smells pretty yucky cooking LOL)..For frosting I used non fat cream cheese, then decorated with varying doggie treats, small bones etc..

Diane