Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Big Dog

Default Odor-free breeds

Okay, my dog Faris is a border collie, samoyed mix. He has no doggy odor and gets 1-2 baths a year, just because his coat gets dirty now and again. Or the old skunk comes for a visit.

I absolutely love this quality about him. I can't stand doggy smell. Someone at work brought their two labs (one of my favorite breeds) in all day and they were in their crate together mostly and that room smelled so badly and just petting them my hand stink. I pet some breeds and I feel like my hand is dirty coming back. My grandma has the sweetest am cocker who would go to the beauty shop and come back all groomed with a bow and in the shortest of time he was back to his stinky self. My sister's mastiff puppy also leaves that residue on my hands when I pet her.

Do dog coats smell like the hounds, most sporting breeds, because of a higher content of oil does anyone know? Faris has very dry skin/coat to the point of dandriff at times. I would guess all arctic type breeds like he is part are similar to him.

What are your thoughts? Dumb question?

Owned by: Faris a BorderCollie/Samoyed mix, Lucy a mixed breed, and Pearl the cavie