Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 06-03-2007, 06:24 AM
Top Dog

Default Results Seen on Fromm Diet

Jemma had been on the Natural Balance Venison + Brown Rice formula for about 1.5 years until the recall took place. Since then, I've switched her over to Fromm Four Star Duck & Sweet Potato.

I know this food has been recommended by many as being a good one, but judging on her stool, it's not working out that well for her. Her stool is now much bigger on this kibble - I can only assume that her body isn't absorbing all the nutrients.

I'm thinking of switching her over to Orijen's Fish formula and might run to the pet store tomorrow.

Am I doing the right thing by changing her food based on how her stool looks? It's not soft or anything, just way bigger than size than what it used to be. When she was still on NB, they were small and firm (I apologize for being perhaps a little too graphical!).

Thanks.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Top Dog

Stool size isn't the best way to judge a food. How does your dog feel? Is she active? Is her coat improving? Do her eyes look bright and glossy or dull? All in all, you need to feed a food that makes you comfortable.

I feed Canidae. Herschel's stools aren't massive (i.e., Science Diet), but they also aren't as small as they were on Innova EVO or Innova Adult. However, based on his energy level, coat condition, and overall demeanor I switched back to Canidae.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:52 PM
<--------Orson

^^ Agree with Herschel