Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 05-20-2007, 08:49 AM
Puppy Dog

Default Is this food good?

I am getting a new puppy soon and I would like to feed it good dog food. I know the best thing for dogs are raw diets but I have an issue with raw chicken and I wouldn't be able to serve it to my dog. I've read on this site about a lot of good dog foods but since I live in Canada I have a hard time finding the brands. My vet even gave me some information on their dog food but it was in the recall list so I'm not using it.

I found a dog food that hasn't been on the recall and doesn't use by-products but I don't know anything about how much fat and protein to look for. So I was wondering if some of you experts could check out this site http://www.frommfamily.com/and let me know what you think about the food.

Thank You!!!
Old 05-20-2007, 10:28 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

I think there are a few on here that feed Fromm... I bet they can be more helpful. It looks decent to me.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:13 AM
Puppy Dog

I have heard Orijen is a very good food, and I know it is available in some parts of Canada anyway. Wish I could get it here!
Old 05-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Top Dog

Fromm is a good food. I've never fed it but their ingredients are nice and I've heard great things about it.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Just try me..

I personally like the grain free kibbles.. I have fed orijin, but can no longer get it in my area. So I am going back to Evo RM. With 5 JRTs in dogsports, I want them to have lots of good energy, but not be hyper. I find they do the best on raw, but if not raw then the next best is Evo.

Fromm is decent food too.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:04 PM
just call me Nilly

Most of the foods mentioned are available in Ontario, you just have to look a little harder.

If you've found somewhere that carries Fromm, they probably have access to the other natural foods mentioned here and may be able to bring it in just for you. Don't be afraid to ask!