Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-23-2007, 03:52 PM
Top Dog

Hi Bahamutt, unable to open up the sight you posted. Wanted to see specific list you found, of states banning specific breeds, to date. Says webpage has expired?
Old 05-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Top Dog

Found it!
Old 05-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Harumph™©®

http://www.povn.com/rdows/
RDOWS site.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Who wrote the list?

Seems to be plucked from thin air.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 05-23-2007, 05:42 PM
Fishies!

Its supposed to be RDOWS.

The list however is not on the site, nor any mention on how they formulated it. While I find it likely that it is in fact correct (minus the 73 dogs instead of 75, as I pointed out) I do not like the idea that I can not find supporting evidence for their creation.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfalcon View Post
RDOWS does not source their list.

I don't care who wrote it, or for what cause. Its all Machiavellian B.S.

Until people learn to lay out facts and supporting statements, this world will get nowhere beyond BSL and ill- written lists.
I have to agree with this. If you're going to protest something you had better know what it is you're protesting inside and out because those who are for the legislation will know their side.

Pugs?? Who bans a pug? I'd want to know what municipalities ban which dogs and the legislation index number with exact wording of the ban legislation. Without that information any protest appears to be a knee-jerk reaction and lacks credibility.

I don't like breed legislation either, but if you're going to fight something you have to be credible and you can't be that if someone just hands you a list without any information.
People may scoff at you, who see not the lightest blade of grass bent by his footfall, who hear no whimper pitched too fine for mere audition, people who may never really have had a dog. Smile at them, for you shall know something that is hidden from them and which is well worth the knowing. - Lord Byron
Old 05-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Felurian

If the list has made one person go digging, it's served a worthwhile purpose.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-23-2007, 08:42 PM
Harumph™©®

Bahah, I honestly and sincerely don't think anyone here wants to denigrate the effort. However, you can't fight BSL with a list that has no source. That makes it hearsay. It would not bode well in an argument at, say, a public hearing. I think that's what everyone is trying to say to you. Nobody means harm to you or your sweet dog.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfalcon View Post
RDOWS does not source their list.

I don't care who wrote it, or for what cause. Its all Machiavellian B.S.

Until people learn to lay out facts and supporting statements, this world will get nowhere beyond BSL and ill- written lists.
Whether its ill-written or not, the fact remains that this list could very well become a reality if something doesn't change
Old 05-23-2007, 08:56 PM
Fishies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToscasMom View Post
Bahah, I honestly and sincerely don't think anyone here wants to denigrate the effort. However, you can't fight BSL with a list that has no source. That makes it hearsay. It would not bode well in an argument at, say, a public hearing. I think that's what everyone is trying to say to you. Nobody means harm to you or your sweet dog.
You said it much better than me.

Its one of my pet peeves, I suppose. While I do completely sympathize with the sentiment, its ingrained in my head that the only proper way to state something is with a book of footnotes and citations attached. I'm one of the more skeptical people that anyone will ever meet, so I thoroughly enjoy a page of supporting documentation to anything stated