bichon frise

bichongal

hey since im the one responsible for this pup, i wanted a girly dog that i can dress up in pink LOL!!! as he gets older i do want a yellow lab for him, just not ready now, he will ove the dog girly or not!!! ive actually ben to those sites LOL, ive been everywhere, i even got the fancy and do world magazine and even tried their classifieds... thanks tho, and a bichon is nothing short of a "real" dog its just different preferences is all, and im excited to get ours. im trying to find great toys for her online, not over priced anyone have any suggestions and sites? thanks!!

gapeach

Big Mutts
Have to agree with you, our lil' girl is no less agirl b/c she has a big dog. He'll love it no matter what it is. But I was just thinking has your lil' boy been around puppies? Maggie wallows all over Carey but I just remembered we saw a jrt puppy in town, I tried to get her to pet it and she was scared to b/c it ran around so fast and play nipped. It may take some adjustment for him to get used to the puppy. Just thought I would warn you :) But then again all kids are different.

bichongal

hes been great with our kitty, except for the occasinal hugs he wants to give her and flops on her, but hes gotten much better and is always supervised. as for pups, he loes them he plays and is now letting them lick him in the face, he cracks up, hes not scared but when they jump on him hes like no no puppy, and steps back, he will be fine only reason im getting it, hes already been to see the one were getting 2 times and has a blast and listens when i tell him to watch out for her cause shes small and he will hurt her if he steps on her, so hes doing great! gotta run, hes up LOL!! :p

gapeach

Big Mutts
That's great! There already bonding, don't know why Maggie was scared of puppy, think it was the nipping and fast running. Although Crey mouths her, but doesn't put mouth down. They wrestle together, maybe she is a lil' less girly for having a big dog lol. Oh well that's fine too. Cya later.

Doberluv

That "girlie" adjective is a human emotion coming from someone who is probably running off of emotions. Let's use our heads here. Dogs are dogs. We all have our preferences as to breed, size, coat etc. I happen to have two tiny Chihuahuas who make excellent companions, being bred for just that.... and a big, hard---- Doberman Pinscher. I recently put down my Labrador.

Every type of dog has a place in someone's heart and lifestyle. That is why we have so many wonderful breeds to choose from, including many stupendous mutts.

All I can do is reiterate what was already said about constant supervision with your child and the dog, teaching your little one how to respect and give a dog it's space. Puppies need lots of nap time too. (I bet you will also, LOL) And I think that's great that you're looking into it. You'll find a lot of good training advice online and on forums. It's essential to socialize and train your dog in order to enjoy it the utmost. Good luck and congrats.

bichongal

thanks, i sure will, after i talk to a vet and make sure its safe i plan to take her to all places shes allowed to come with us. and though my son loves the animals he is easily distracted with other stuff so she can nap just fine, if it came to her not getting that time i have an emergency "toy" for him..... my cell phone :rolleyes: hes driving me crazy over those things!!!!!!!! im making one last attempt to veer him off of mine, and also get him walkie talkies to open at his bday party this thursday :rolleyes: hope it works!!! ive done alot of homework on the breed and am not shy to ask questions, we will be just fine and give her the best home ever!!!! :p

gapeach

Big Mutts
Have you seen the lil' play cell phones that you can record a message on? Maggie loves hers (she's big on phones too), looks pretty real too. It even rings when you flip it closed.

bichongal

no havent seen those, this kid has had at least 10-15 already!!! he knows the real deal and will take that over his any day!!!! and trust me i have a friend that owns a shop, and we get him real ones that just dont turn on, i was waiting for a charger for one just to try that for a while but what a pain in the tush charging 2 phones!!!! id love to try that one, a recording one might do the trick, and he only takes flips!!!!! :rolleyes: im in trouble expensive taste :eek:

i think he means when he says its a girly breed he means when you look at that dog you would proably think of a women having it more than you would a man

Members online

No members online now.