Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 05-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Psst... "Feeding Guidelines" on the HK website is spelled wrong... so to find the vitamins and minerals, I had to go all of the way down to the "feeding guidlines" section, where they are hidden in a bottom paragraph.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 05-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
Psst... "Feeding Guidelines" on the HK website is spelled wrong... so to find the vitamins and minerals, I had to go all of the way down to the "feeding guidlines" section, where they are hidden in a bottom paragraph.
Those terrible, uneducated people!

It isn't spelled wrong on the right side of the page. Not so slick now, are we?
Old 05-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Why do you get so defensive about food, Herchel? I never said anything rude to you, and you are being a smart ass to me.
Sorry if that came off as overly defensive. I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. Sorry!

However, I thought it was kind of funny that you suggested that they could be putting menadione in the food:

Quote:
In every formula, they list "vitamins and minerals." What are these vitamins and minerals, exactly? I like to know exactly what is in my dog food... for all I know, menadione could be in that mixture.
It really is always best to question a food, but believe it or not, there are other people on this board that believe in feeding high quality foods. We do the same research that you do before choosing a diet for our dogs.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:34 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

She said "for all I know".. she didn't say she knew that they did.. geeeeeez. Someone's a bit touchy.. must be that time of the month!

Old 05-19-2007, 09:35 PM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_ACD_for_me View Post
Geez guys! If we picked every food apart out their on the market I am sure their is something we would find wrong with them all....even raw! Whether it be an ingredient or who they support. Seriously, If I listened to everything I read on these food threads, It's enough to make me crazy I mean I stopped feeding Timberwolf because of everyone who said that everytime they have asked a question or who and where manufactures their food they would never get answers I even emailed a couple of questions to TW and got no reply. I am very happy with HK and I honestly don't pay any attention to PETA Sorry guys, you know I love you all but I just had to get that off my chest!
Red, there isn't anything in the world that someone could TELL ME to get me to switch my dogs food, toys, or anything if it was working for THEM.

I would definitely look into it more if it were something that sounded harmful, but otherwise I would make up my own mind and what results I see for myself.

I say if your dog is thriving on it and you are happy with it go for it. It's your dog & your money..............

Glad you found something you and he both love
Old 05-19-2007, 09:49 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Well said, Coop. Just because others may not be comfortable doing something doesn't mean that that should change the mind of another who is happy and whose dogs are thriving on it.

Old 05-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
Sorry if that came off as overly defensive. I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. Sorry!

However, I thought it was kind of funny that you suggested that they could be putting menadione in the food:

It really is always best to question a food, but believe it or not, there are other people on this board that believe in feeding high quality foods. We do the same research that you do before choosing a diet for our dogs.

I never suggested anything

And, I never said nor did I imply that others did not research their foods. I was asking reasonable questions about the food... I haven't heard much about Honest Kitchen until this thread.

However, hearing that they supported PETA, misspelled words on their website, and have pieces of the ingredients listings located in random sections of their website, I do not have the best impression of it.

It really does come down to what you feel comfortable about feeding your pet.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 05-20-2007, 06:16 AM
Ruled by a RED boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
Red, there isn't anything in the world that someone could TELL ME to get me to switch my dogs food, toys, or anything if it was working for THEM.

I would definitely look into it more if it were something that sounded harmful, but otherwise I would make up my own mind and what results I see for myself.

I say if your dog is thriving on it and you are happy with it go for it. It's your dog & your money..............

Glad you found something you and he both love
Well said and believe me I am usually not like that......What it is, is when people started making the accusations aginst TWO and how they don't respond to any questions. I saw that first hand before I took him off of it. I emailed a few questions at different times and got NO reply from them. That I didn't like, it's like they have something to hide. I would still reccommend TWO to someone who is feeding absolute crap but for me it's home cooking and the HK's preference. I just don't trust kibble anymore.............