Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Top Dog

Unhappy why does he do that?

why does my dog who is now 12 mths old, and not teething anymore, nibble on my chin or my fingers? he used to do that when i lay in bed, in the morning, but now he even does it anytime he wants to. does that mean, he shows me affection? or is it a sign of dominance? i mean is he trying me? when he does that he puts both his frontpaws on me. and kinda pins me down.hes usually very submissive, and sees me as the alpha. maybe i should mention that he lies with us in bed.heehee.which some people don't tolerate, but it doesn't bother us. should we change that? an make him lie on his own pillow/bed? but i guess it does not mater, because when he wakes up, he wakes me up biting, well nibbling. today i was sitting on the couch, and he nibbled me in the side. i would appreciate any input. now it's starting to bother me. i didnt mind him doing it with my hand, but now it's in different places of my body. iwas joking and told my husband, maybe he thinks i'm a bone, cus i'm so skinny.lol he nibbles on me, like he would on a bone. please help!!
Old 06-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Top Dog

oh..i forgot. i adopted him last mth, when he was 11 mths old, so i didnt have him when he was teething, meaning i couldn't have tauaght him back then NOt to chew on anything he pleases....cuold it be cus he was chained outside all his life, and doesn't know anything else BUT chewing?( he doesn't chew on anything in the house though, when i leave the house. i tried to put him in the crate when i leave, but he breaks out. so i just leave him out.)
Old 06-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Top Dog

Donut know, but my guess is he's just loving on you in the best way he knows. I think that's sweet!
Old 06-12-2005, 09:12 PM
Felurian

I'd guess that's what it is too. Shiva does that nibbling sort of grooming thing to us and to Bimmer and Kharma when she's being super-affectionate or when she's done something to irritate one of us - especially Bimmer, lol!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-13-2005, 05:59 AM
Top Dog

Sadie will nibble when she gives kisses. I think its so sweet and cute.