oh no, i just hurt buster... twice

mrose_s

BusterLove
aghhh, accident. I was training him out the back and he wouldnt pay any attention to me, i wasnt aiming on hitting him and as a bit of a joke i threw my hands up in the air, as i bought them down to my sides he put his head up and got a smack on the nose for doing what i was asking. oh dear, and then i felt so bad so i squatted down and gave him a big hug, but i think i hugged to tight and hurt him more. OH NO, all accident i swear. but then i called him over and he came, i hope he will forgive me :(

Doberluv

Don't worry. I am sure they know when it's an accident. I've hurt my dogs many times by accident, tripping over them, stepping on their toes, swinging around and smacking them with my arms or a big branch when I'm working on my property, slamming a door and almost squishing them...you name it. Then I get down and make a huge fuss...."Oh my God! I'm sooooooo sorry, you pooooor baby!" They just know and wag and bounce and love the attention. Then they're just fine. LOL.

Oh, I know what you mean. I was trying to trim Hunter's nails the other night. The first one I got was a little too close to the quick, I guess. He cried when I cut it and I felt SOOOOO BAD!!!! So, I quit at one and just loved on him. Then the next night I tried again and DID IT AGAIN!!! :(

I knew I had to get the job done, though. So, he trusted me and let me do the rest -- no more cries. He's such a good boy...

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
lol don't worry im sure he will forgive you it happens and im sure he has hurt you on accident before.

EliNHunter said:
Gaddy -- I just have to tell you how CUTE your GURLS ARE!!! And their tagline is precious :p
Aw, thanks :). They're such spoiled girlies. I changed it from "being stupid is not a crime" to "being cute is not a crime" LOL. :D

slamming a door and almost squishing them
As many of you know, May is a pretty dark chocolate lab. In the dark, she blends in perfectly--it's almost impossible to see her. Well, one night, I had let the dogs outside into the yard to do their business before bed. The yard is medium sized and fenced. A few minutes later, Colby and Tippy were ready to come in, so I let them in. I called for May, figuring she oughtta be ready to go to bed too, now. Well, I didn't see her, so I started to close the door. Suddenly, in mid slide, the door stopped. I looked over to the opening and there was May, her head half-way in the door, the door was right at her neck, she was wagging her tail, looking at me like, "Can I come in, or no? Please, pleeeeeze can I come in?" I started laughing and opened the door so she could come in. I felt bad, but luckily she wasn't hurt (I didn't slam it shut, luckily).

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
once i was swatting a fly just as Bronki stuck his nose up to see the bug..and wack it came down hard. I don't think he connected the act with me but he sure dispised fly swatters after that. A few years later i picked a swatter up and aimed for a trespasser when Bronki saw it and hit the deck into a down position. I had company and they looked at me like i had done something evil...Bronki never knew a cross hand in his entire life..but it did looked very suspicous!

I found out my poor Hunter had been beaten with a belt! :mad: One day I was unpacking my suitcase after a biz trip. He was laying on the bed watching me. I took a belt out and the clasp kind of clanged. He shot his head up, jumped off the bed, and cowered down on the floor in front of me with a snarl on his lips and shook. I couldn't believe it! I loved on him and loved on him telling him it was ok and that would NEVER happen to him again!!!!! :(

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
that is why i could never make friends with this one dog at the kennels. she was the only animal i couldn't make a connection with no matter how hard i tried. the first time i saw her was winter and i had a shovel in my hand. It ended up that the previous owner was a woman that had beaten the dog with a broom and a shovel. Even after a year the dog showed me teeth everytime she looked at me and layed my calf open when i turned my back. I never blamed her for it was not her fault that this woman had treated her so badly.

It's so sad that so many animals are treated badly out there. We suspet the girls were treated badly, especially May. When we got her, she was absolutely terrified of men. When my dad went to walk her, she'd slip her collar and run all the way home, so we suspect it was a man that beat her and took away her puppies (she still had milk when we got her). The shelter told us they found Colby on the side of the road and that she was thrown out the window of a car in a sack or something. I remember when Tippy's old owner came over. Tippy hid under the computer chair, shivering as the woman spoke to my Mom. I lay under there with her, petting her and letting her know we'd never let them take her back, she was safe.

GSDFan05

Everyone knows it's common for abused dogs to be wary of men, I guess because A) They can be more threatening and B) it can be more likely that a male abused the dog in the past. I know a woman, though, who has a GSD that is extremely afraid of women, he came from a home where the female owner beat him daily.

This woman (the new, good owner) has had him for five years, and to this day if she approaches him in the dark or catches him by surprise he will submissive urinate all over the place. This is a HUGE and extremely masculine GSD, VERY intimidating looking....it's so sad to see a magnificent animal reduced to that, still so scarred by something a human did to him.

mrose_s

BusterLove
oh thats horrible...

where we gor Sophie from, she was never even allowed in the housyard and her thumbs had been cut off with a knife by the look of it. For a while after we got her home she was always afraid of sticks and big balls. But she is pretty much over that now. :)

bubbatd

How people could have abused our wonderful friends really gets to me ! My many, many thanks to all of you who have taken the time and patience to let these wonderful dogs know they are loved and are safe forever. God Bless !!!

Doberluv

Isn't it just unfathomable how anyone could abuse or mistreat an innocent animal who is putting his utmost trust in us, who's completely dependent on us? That is the ultimate betrayal and it makes me ashamed of the human race.

Bubbatd, you put that soooo nicely. What a nice thing to say. And Martine too. And it's so true here. It is heartwarming to see such love and concern for our sweet, best friends. It sure is nice to see, at least, a balance. I guess more people are good to their animals than there are evil...at least, I hope so.

Members online

No members online now.