Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 06-10-2005, 08:46 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmydogs
took me like 5 tries.lol (shame on me)
I hardly looked at the dogs, mostly their stance....no dog stands like a pitbull or Amstaff.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Top Dog

Well, if meeting a strange PitBull seems more dangerous than meeting a strange Chi or a strange Labrador, then I have to dissagree with you. I've meet a strange PitBull and do you know what it did to me, my 1yr old cousin and my 4yr old sis? It licked us! Heaven forbid!
I've met a strange GSD. Do you know what it did? It barked at me and chased us (we were on bikes).
I've met a Rottie/Chow mix that had been abused. Do you know what she did to me? She laid down and wanted her belly scratched after abotu 3 days of running away from us!
I'm met a strange Chi before. It tried to eat me.

My point? Any strange dog can bite. It doesn't matter about the breeds. It matters on the individual dog and the way it was raised.

I'd be more afraid of coming across a strange Aussie than a strange Pittie. But then again, I'd read the dogs body language to see what it was feeling, and then I wouldn't stare it down. If a Labrador was coming up to me tail strait up, standing on its tiptoes, staring me down, I'd be scared. If a Rottie or a Chi did that, I'd be scared. If a Pittie came up to me, bending its body, wagging its taill, hunkering to the ground, avioding my eyes, and licking me, I'd feel safe. Same if it was a Rottie or a Lab or a Chi. Don't judge by the breed, jugde by the individual.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Top Dog

yep i heArd aswell ridgeback can have anger issues too
Old 06-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Rusty but Trusty

yeah, my aunt had an adult ridgeback that someone had given her, because they were moving and it was very unpredictable. The dog was never abused or neglected in any way and it was completely physically healthy but it just was very tempermental and you had to be very careful around it.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Show Dog

If Pitbulls are so unstable and are genetic killers, how come every year there are thousands of dogs shows in the USA and other countries that have 50+ intact Pitbulls, AmStaffs, American Bulldogs etc.... males together at Dog Shows with Children running around, Small Snappy Dogs, Rude Prodding Stangers and other "Triggers" for aggression and yet no one ever gets bit, no dog fights, heck I never seen one show his teeth! I did see a Fox Terrier snap at an Amstaff one time and the Staff put his ears back and head down....No attack.

Aggresive dogs are excused immediately from the ring and are not allowed to comepete in future events.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:17 PM
Top Dog

siemens...It depends. Some breeds are not disqualified for aggression!! It depends on the breed and in some it is acceptable but needs to be controlled. In fact, some terriers actually spar in the ring to test their true terrier tenacity. If you read the Rottweiler standard you will see them talk about it. There are other breeds too.... The only fight I have ever seen at a dog show was between two male dobermans. At one show, the Am. Staffs went before the pugs and both breeds had to stand ringside together. Never once did one go for a pug....they were well mannerd and quiet, just another example of proper training and socialization by experienced dog owners.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:51 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by siemens716

Aggresive dogs are excused immediately from the ring and are not allowed to comepete in future events.
I have never seen an Amstaff excused or accused of aggression at a dog show. The only pitbull I have ever seen that was aggressive at a public event was a Pull competition I went to. A pitbull that was kept in his crate before his turn to pull was acting aggessive toward passing dogs but when the owner brought him out he was fine....He didn't even notice other dogs.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:15 AM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purr
A dog relies on it's owners to teach it right from wrong. It's the owner's fault for not teaching their dog. And, yes, I'm a Pit Bull lover.
I agree w/ everything you just said!!! I also like the pit bull breed, they are so cute to me!!