Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToscasMom View Post
I take exception to this. My cats are marvelous companions.
My stray cat is a better mouser than any barn cats Ive seen and the pair I owned, the only companion time she wants is when I sitting down in the bathroom..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 05-07-2007, 12:01 AM
Bored Now.

Same here, Boemy... I woke up the other day to find I'd accidentally pinned Emma against the wall in my sleep, I could've hurt the poor little munchkin. They tend to get on my face.. with their faces and/or paws in my mouth. Braces fascinate them.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
And I know you know why, Blue. If people were half as offended as I was when I saw this remark, they were exercising extreme constraint for awhile.
Oh true... But I was being polite... or allowing myself and my decorations to be steamrolled, not sure which.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:02 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
And I know you know why, Blue. If people were half as offended as I was when I saw this remark, they were exercising extreme constraint for awhile.
I don't know if I'm offended so much as just amused by a childish "My dogs and I are better than you!" type of comment. I mean, kudos to those dogs that ARE working dogs, but dont hold that crap over people's heads who "just have companion dogs."

Hell that's why I GOT a dog. To have a friggin' companion!
Old 05-07-2007, 12:04 AM
Harumph™©®

Quote:
Same here. Everytime I sit down or lie down for a nap I get dogpiled (catpiled??) by three purring cats
Same here Boemy, and they greet me every time i come home and they are the epitome of affection both to me and to my friends. I really take umbrage to people who get cats and TREAT them like they are...um...ornaments, and then judge them as ...ornaments. If you treat cats like they are not there, they will do what they have to do to adapt. It all has to do with how you raise them, same as dogs. They do have self respect, and all the more, it's a serious compliment when they love you. Some people have a problem with that, because for a cat to love you, you have to actually earn its trust. But once you do...it's a great experience.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:07 AM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Exactly.....*thank you*
Old 05-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Harumph™©®

Quote:
the only companion time she wants is
I shudder to admit this, but I have always found that male cats are far more consistent in affection than females. If you have a room with 20 cats in it, and 19 are males, you can pick out the female. lol.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:08 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheza View Post
Hell that's why I GOT a dog. To have a friggin' companion!
Wow! Me too! Small world.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Top Dog

Man, I've only got as far as page 15 so far. *wipes brow, prepares to soldier onward on the long trek*

Quote:
Same here Boemy, and they greet me every time i come home and they are the epitome of affection both to me and to my friends. I really take umbrage to people who get cats and TREAT them like they are...um...ornaments, and then judge them as ...ornaments. If you treat cats like they are not there, they will do what they have to do to adapt. It all has to do with how you raise them, same as dogs. They do have self respect, and all the more, it's a serious compliment when they love you. Some people have a problem with that, because for a cat to love you, you have to actually earn its trust. But once you do...it's a great experience.
Yeah, actually "ornaments" is exactly how a lot of people treat cats! If you expect them to be aloof and never try to make friends with them then of course they'll be aloof and cool towards you.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:11 AM
Yorkie Love

Quote:
I shudder to admit this, but I have always found that male cats are far more consistent in affection than females. If you have a room with 20 cats in it, and 19 are males, you can pick out the female. lol.
here we go! your cat is better then mine because he is a boy. Well my girl cat loves me just as much!

sheesh the people on this board

hehe hey big sis!

Elissa