Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 01-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Felurian

It's okay if it's cold. Mine eat whatever kind I have, although they aren't too fond of the pineapple.

I had some in those squeeze tubes and gave Shiva one the other day - OUTSIDE! Watching her eat that was hysterical. She is so totally involved with her food.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Labrador lover!!!!!

LOL I would loved to she her little face!!lol
Luckys pulls a silly face as well when he east yogurts!!
lol
6 bunnies~fluffy, muffin,bugsy, buttons,twigglets,forsty
2 gerbils~cheese and pickels
2 g.pigs~buzz and dizzy
Old 01-19-2005, 03:20 AM
Top Dog

I think Toki doesn't really like yogurt cause it's sour. Everytime he licks it once I can see his face shake. IT's funny.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:58 AM
Big Dog

LOL hahaha i can imagine that..my dog loves yoghurt..i pour it in his bown and he finishes it in 5 min!
Old 01-19-2005, 10:58 PM
Active Pup

hi what does yoghurt do for a dog's digestive system? does it sort of firm up his poo a bit? cos my pup's poo is sometimes pretty soft and can get 'shapeless' if you know what i mean lol..
Old 01-20-2005, 12:10 AM
Island dweller

You have a puppy don't you, Frenchfries, I think it's normal for them to have softer poo. Anyone else have input on that one?

As for yogurt, it has something called acidophilus which is a good bacteria. It helps balance out the natural flora in our system as well as our dogs. This is paticularly helpful if the dog is on antibiotics because antibiotics kill all bacteria, good and bad, and are very hard on the stomach. It is also helpful in combatting yeast.

What are you feeding your dog? If you tell us that maybe we can help you sort out your poo problems.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Puppy Dog

My puppy has soft poo. I've been feeding him EVO for 3 weeks now. Nothing else, no treats or anything. He loves the food but his poo has remained consistently "pudding like". I was thinking of switching to Innova Puppy but I feel like I should wait it out some more.

Every once in awhile he does have a nice firm one, but onyl 1/10 times.

His schedule is consistent though. Once in the morning and once at night and once more before bedtime.

My puppy is a 7lb, 15wk old cav. king charles.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:38 PM
Top Dog

I hope all the puppies with "pudding poo" have been checked for wormy poos LOL!!! It is more common than people think and worms cause "pudding poo." My pup is 12 weeks today and he has firm poo and he eats Canidae...
Old 06-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Show Dog

I feed my dogs milk, yougurt, cottege cheese and raw eggs. sometimes all mixed sometimes a bit of one or the other. they love it.

As for soft poo, give them bones. if you are not comfortable giving a dog small bones, give em, a knuckle bone. the marrow is perfect for the problem. Probably not appropriate for puppies though.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Felurian

I've wondered sometimes if it doesn't take some pups longer for their digestive systems to "grow up" than others. Shiva and Kharma had soft, unformed stools for quite awhile, but since it wasn't diarrhea I didn't worry about it. If you think about it, babies don't usually have firm, formed stools for quite a long time . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian