Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 04-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Felurian

I was thinking the Old English Mastiff as well. Some of the others take a good bit of handling and the right psyche to deal with their massive egos and intelligence.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Taxiderpy

:Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! We aren't looking for a guard dog. We have a german shepherd at home for that and she does a great job. The only problem is she can't come on walks with me due to her bad joints, so any large laid back dog that wouldn't stand idly by while I am mugged to death at the end of it's leash would work wonderfully.

Ahh, I do love the greys, and everyone needs to have a security system for their cushy furniture. SisMorphine, that is one awesome picture. I think it may convince my husband that greys actually do have teeth in their mouths.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:13 AM
Your Mom

Yeah that was a yawn caught on film. LOL! But this is Wally's serious face (the one that people see when they try to come in my room at night . . . or that Athena sees when she tries to get on the cranky old man's bed).

And that's only with half of his teeth remaining (he had 17 taken out a year ago).
Old 04-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Taxiderpy

Whoa! That's a lot of teeth to lose, poor guy. How old is Wally?
Old 05-01-2007, 07:09 AM
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Whoa! That's a lot of teeth to lose, poor guy. How old is Wally?
Wally is 7.5. Greyhounds have notoriously horrible teeth (due to being open mouthed breathers and having genetic bone loss), but Wally's is amongst the worse I've ever seen. My poor death-breath toothless boy.