Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 04-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Top Dog

Be careful with vets breeder recommendations. I've heard hat some will still refer you to BYB. Also check CT and RI for breeders. I'll look at some rescues and see if they have any puppies, I'll be back soon if I find some.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 04-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
even got irritated when I asked if any of their females were pregnant..

Most rescues would. Rescues recue, they don't breed. I've only known a handful of breed rescues that have ever gotten their hands on pregnant females, and from what I've heard, it's not terribly fun. Puppies are slightly more common, but still rare in rescues.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Puppy Dog

I asked because I had read something somewhere so I was like okay well if they rescue from puppy mills then there is probably a female whose pregnant and I didn't think they'd get irritated.. I mean its not like I expected them to breed I just wanted to know.
Top Dog

Here are some chis: http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=8252627
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=8237707
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=8029383

Yorkie: http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=6523186
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=8187492
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=8187501

Some are as far as NY but there were not too many young ones around here, If none of these guys appeal to you then keep looking for those good breeders!

Chihuahua Power!

Please go through the breed club, and do not go by vet recommendations. Our old vet suggested that we should stud Madison (our BYB, completely out of breed standards chi!).

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 04-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Salty Sea Dog

just a note on the puppy pad training, if thats whats convenient to you, by all means its a method that CAN be used.

my dogs are NOT babied in any way shape or form, but when it snows they WONT go outside, i mean would you honestly go out in 3 ft of snow in bare feet?! no its painfull, tried boots didnt help so we puppy pad trained, the puppy pad is in a large litter box and the dogs know they go IN the box ON the pad, but i can take that pad with me anywhere i go and they know to go only ON the pad. they also do go outside when the weathers fine, but if its cold or rainy or snowing they have that option, its also an easy opition for dogs that might be alone long periods or say on days you might be a little late from school ect.
Its also super handy for us as our chis come to my dads boat with us, we go out for full days and instead of worrying about being back before their little bladders explode we can put down a pad and have no issues.

Yorkies ARE better for allergy sufferers than chis, however both can agrivate allergies.

if your looking for a dog that shouldnt agrivate allergies, look into bichon and poodle. (NO chi-poos ect though)

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 04-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Puppy Dog

I personally don't like bichon and poodles.. I had a really bad experience with a poodle when I was younger.. We have a cat and dog that shed so I know that she can handle it. I think the puppy pad is the best way to go.. As for choosing I really like both and when putting it together I came up with a chihuahua.

They are small they are proud.. and I'm sure won't let my cat be the boss of them.. I like the fact that they come in long and short coat and have different colors.. I like there temperment more than yorkies who are prone to get into trouble according to this website (dogbreedinfo) I liek that chis are attached to their owners.. I don't know.. btw Foxy your chis are adorable
Old 04-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Top Dog

I also have to vote against puppy pads. small dogs can and should go outside too. Your other dog goes to the bathroom outside right?I have personally never met any body who has had success with the pads. Even if they can get them to go on them, as soon as they move the pads they continue peeing where it used to be. Dogs have trouble learning that they can pee inside, yet they can't pee inside there is a very small different between a puppy pad and the carpet. There's a big difference between the carpet and outside plus most dogs enjoy the fresh air and new smells the out doors provide.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Puppy Dog

My dog now is puppy pad trained because when he was a hunting dog he went whenever and then he only went out eery few hours so we used that and going outside.. Now that he can hold his bladder he goes outside.. I think that training both ways would work. but during winter it can be hard.. Lucas whose a beagle lived outside in Maine near canada and he hates winters.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyWench View Post
my dogs are NOT babied in any way shape or form, but when it snows they WONT go outside, i mean would you honestly go out in 3 ft of snow in bare feet?! no its painfull, tried boots didnt help so we puppy pad trained, the puppy pad is in a large litter box and the dogs know they go IN the box ON the pad, but i can take that pad with me anywhere i go and they know to go only ON the pad. they also do go outside when the weathers fine, but if its cold or rainy or snowing they have that option, its also an easy opition for dogs that might be alone long periods or say on days you might be a little late from school ect.
Its also super handy for us as our chis come to my dads boat with us, we go out for full days and instead of worrying about being back before their little bladders explode we can put down a pad and have no issues.
I 100% disagree with you. I know many chis don't like cold weather, especially short coats ones, but I do not believe at all it hurts their paws.

I raised Charlie from a puppy, he loves it outside in the winter and would never come in unless I made him half the time. Dogs are dogs, they have protection on their paws. I think its a lot easier on their paws in the snow than on walks on pavement.

I personally don't like pee pads, and to anyone considering using them I state this. I don't travel with my cat and her litter box and I will not take a litter box with my dog either.

They are also terrible if other dogs are around. Our friends had one on their floor and my very well house trained dog marked their couch right by the pad, duh

I also wanted to say I am really happy the op is looking at all the scenarios, you are very mature for your age.