Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 04-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Puppy Dog

That is one of the saddest websites I have ever seen. What is sadder, is this woman probably has no real clue.
She may actually not be a bad person, she may just be ignorant. I am surprised no one here has written her and told her how this is not right if she really loves dogs. I have met many a reputable breeder of purebred dogs that has been very into the cash flow. So that in and of itself does not disqualify a breeder in my book.
Is it not our responsibility as a community of dog lovers to inform, not just ridicule? Honestly after looking at the sight, and seeing her responses, she sounds much more ignorant than knifing. After all how many of you just said at one point you would have gotten a dog from just a person? Or even did?
Were we all just as ignorant once? Who took the time to educate you?
Do we not owe the same to others?
MBG
Old 04-22-2007, 02:24 AM
savethebulliedbreeds

Breeders that are "into the cash flow" are not reputable. Any breeder that makes money is not a reputable breeder. Good breeders break even, if not, lose money. I am yet to meet a responsible breeder that makes a dime off of their dogs. When you are breeding dogs there are many costs. Vaccinations, vet checks, health testing, showing, vet appointments, food, and the list goes on.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by savethebulliedbreeds View Post
Breeders that are "into the cash flow" are not reputable. Any breeder that makes money is not a reputable breeder. Good breeders break even, if not, lose money. I am yet to meet a responsible breeder that makes a dime off of their dogs. When you are breeding dogs there are many costs. Vaccinations, vet checks, health testing, showing, vet appointments, food, and the list goes on.
That is a pretty blanket statement. I know the costs, and I have known reputable breeders who have made a bit of money from breeding. The time itself is worth something. To say otherwise makes no sense.
I am not saying the goal is to get rich off of the venture. But breeders of rarities make decent money. I am not talking here of common dog breeds. If it were true that no reputable breeders made any money, then all dogs regardless of breed and lines would cost about the same...now that just is not the case is it?

As for the rest of my post, I saw it was sadly ignored.
MBG

Last edited by midnightbirdgirl; 04-22-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:28 PM
savethebulliedbreeds

Im sorry but I was just trying to clarify (for the lurkers), that there isn't much money, if any, to be made when breeding responsibly. And in all honesty, if you are breeding you should be breeding for the betterment of the dogs not for yourself. I wasn't trying to run what you said down. I was simply just clarifying
Old 04-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by savethebulliedbreeds View Post
Im sorry but I was just trying to clarify (for the lurkers), that there isn't much money, if any, to be made when breeding responsibly. And in all honesty, if you are breeding you should be breeding for the betterment of the dogs not for yourself. I wasn't trying to run what you said down. I was simply just clarifying
You are right, it is no way to get rick quick
MBG
Old 04-23-2007, 12:52 AM
BusterLove

Quote:
All my puppies come with their 1st shots, dewormed, dewclaws removed, tails docked (depending on the breed), a gift bag with toys, puppy food, their health record and a one year genetical health guarantee.
dewclaws removed?
tails docked?

only a one year genetic health guarentee? why not lifetime?

gosh...

Old 04-23-2007, 08:49 PM
savethebulliedbreeds

Yeah, this lady is pretty discusting. I wish there were more someone could do here but this province sucks for that.