Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Big Dog

Default I am adopting a GSD!

Hi all,
I don't know if anyone remembers my first post on here about a dog that I was potentially adopting. I just thought I'd update, I DID decide to adopt him. We had the home visit this past weekend and it went beautifully, I've visited him three times now and fall further in love with him each time I see him!

He's two and a half years old, he has some abuse and separation anxiety issues but is truly the sweetest dog I have ever come across. He has a very gentle mouth, even when fetching he picks up the ball like it's made of glass. I'm planning to get him CGC certified and to do nursing home therapy work, his fostermom is really involved with that and thinks he's an ideal candidate. This treasure is definitely worth putting the work into overcoming the anxiety.

I'll be bringing him home around the 4th of July (I'm in the process of moving an we thought it was best to get set up in the new house before introducing him).

I'll post more pictures and updates as they come along. I am so excited and proud!
Old 06-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Top Dog

That's fabulous news! You must be so excited, I don't know if I could wait that long. Congratulations on your new furkid, and thank you for giving him a new home!

Old 06-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Top Dog

That is so wonderful! I am so glad he is going to have such a caring and wonderful family!
Old 06-08-2005, 02:35 PM
Love my pets

Congrats! Does he have a name?
Old 06-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Big Dog

I think I'm going to name him Charlie, there's a story there, lol. Has anyone seen "All Dogs Go to Heaven"? The girl in that movie is named Anne-Marie, and that's my name (it's the only character I've ever seen with my name!), and her dog looks like a GSD and his name is Charlie...so I thought I'd go with that theme.

I will have pics up within the next day or so, and I'll be going down to spend time with him at least once a week until I get to bring him home (it's six hours to drive round trip, or else I'd be with him more often!).
Old 06-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Felurian

That sounds wonderful! I had a feeling you'd end up with this one by the way you posted about him originally. I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful life with Charlie. Looking forward to seeing photos and hearing more about him - you know I've got a big soft spot for German Shepherds.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian