Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 04-18-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm All Ears

Money isn't an issue at all. We have three small dogs that don't eat much at all.

Anything is worth it if it keps us from losing another.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Active Pup

If you are still interested in the pre-made or the gound option of RAW there are many co-op groups (you can usually find a few in the yahoo groups) that you can get the ground stuff though. I have ordered some for Bentley to have on hand when I'm not around to feed him RMBs until DH is more comfortable with feeding RAW. I can get chicken premade (with the bones ground in & some veggies) for about $1.10 a pound. They do also offer Beef, Lamb, & Turkey too.

ETA: Try checking OMAspride.com and go under retailers from someone close to you. They offer the ground RAW too. Plus they can always ship it to you too.

Janet & Bentley

www.BentleysBones.com
Old 04-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Phototaker

http://www.naturesvariety.com/ is a very good food. I mix the dry kibble with my Timberwolf. I really like that clay that is in their kibble.
They have prepared raw frozen, frozen medalions and burgers, bones. Check out the site!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy's CD View Post
Actually tomorrow my guys are going to be on Nature's Variety Raw frozen diets...

I'll be paying around $25/bag (medallions 48oz) and we'll be going through around 5 bags per week.
Wow, you're about to pay around $500 a month for dog food!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Top Dog

luvuntzus- Well actually, I went there Tuesday, and the average is going to be around $100/week so around $400/month.

It's apparently dependant on the meat I chose, rabbit/venison/lamb being the more expensive meats chicken/turkey/beef being the cheapest.

After all this recall stuff, I would rather spend the money than lose my kids like Laurelin said. It's not something we plan on doing forever, just temporarily until I can get my darn nerve up to do it myself! LOL

Next week a cut in cost will come from the frozen chicken backs I can get cheap. One or two each will make a meal for them. They seem to be taking it to it quite well and it's only the third day. No upest tummies or runny poos and we switched cold turkey!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:36 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

I agree on the search for a co-op, I have one in my neck of the woods- things are cheap!