Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 03-14-2007, 07:59 AM
BusterLove

and arn't dobe ears big squarish flat panels? and i thought a natural tail would be thinner? i dunno. just guesses

Old 03-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Lord Cynical

Quote:
and arn't dobe ears big squarish flat panels? and i thought a natural tail would be thinner? i dunno. just guesses
Here in the US, there really isn't any consistent look to ears and tails - after all, American breeders, for the most part, don't breed for ears and tails other than their placement and orientation to the rest of the body.

Dobes can have heavy leather, light leather, hound ears, rose ears, naturally erect ears, prick ears, flyaway ears, drop ears... you name it, there's probably a dobe that's had them! Ilsa had VERY short ears - her crop, suprisingly, comes right up to the tip of her previously natural ears.

As for tails... usually they're thinner, but again - American breeders aren't overly concerned with the tails, since they're docked very early. The tailset is important, but tail thickness, length or feathering really doesn't matter to the majority of American breeders. Ronin's got a much thicker tail than Ilsa, I'm guessing Ilsa would have ended up with a whippy tail, whereas Ronin's tail would have been more substantial.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 03-15-2007, 06:08 AM
BusterLove

ahh. i see. thanks. learn soemhting new eveyday. i'd like to know more about dobes

Old 04-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Active Pup

Default regarding purebreed or not??

:mad: :mad: This dog is purebred!!! I hope someone adopts him and treats him like he should be treated. How Cruel!!! It frightens me to think what kind of person could do this to any breed of dog much less this breed. This is such a wonderful, awesome breed. This poor baby deserved to be treated
so much better than this!! I cannot even begin to fathom or understand the idea of this breed being locked in a cage for 22 hours a day!! I wish I could get my hands on these people or lock them in a tiny closet all day everyday. How cruel and abusive to such a loving, energetic, inquisitive, and playful breed. I truly hope this doesn't have long term affects on his personality and trusting issues. They need to be taught at an early age so they are not agressive, skidish and scared to death of people and strangers. This breed needs lots of exercise, playtime, and socialization with others. They need to be cuddled and loved!! I am so Angry!! I had to stop typing and get away for a few minutes before I could finish my :mad: :lol-sign: !! I have gotten out of the business of breeding miniature pinschers for this very reason . Everyone in our family fell in love with this breed and wanted one. I had six litters of beautiful perfect pups. They all have wonderful loving homes. I still keep in touch with everyone I sold my babies to and receive pictures as they grow up on a regular basis. I hope someone will give this dog what it deserves. I wish I could take another one into my home but I have three now and don't breed them anymore. There are too many needing to be rescued out there, and I don't feel it is right when you can't be certain that the vey same thing could end up happening to one of your pups when they leave your home.
Please let me know what happens with him.
God Bless Him!!

QUOTE=Sweet72947;610891]This is a new Doberman (mix?) we got into rescue about two weeks ago. We are thinking that he's purebred. His ears and tail are natural. His people used to keep him in a crate for 22 hours a day and then he was dumped at the pound because the daughter moved and he was "the daughter's dog." :mad:

He's a real cutie. His name is mico. Here he is chasing a ball:

Mico is very intelligent, and he likes tennis balls! He seems a little unsure of other dogs, but that's probably due to being undersocialized.
So, what think? Mixed or purebred? You decide!:D[/QUOTE]
Old 04-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Active Pup

Unhappy regarding purebreed or not??

This dog is purebred!!! I hope someone adopts him and treats him like he should be treated. How Cruel!!! It frightens me to think what kind of person could do this to any breed of dog much less this breed. This is such a wonderful, awesome breed. This poor baby deserved to be treated
so much better than this!! I cannot even begin to fathom or understand the idea of this breed being locked in a cage for 22 hours a day!! I wish I could get my hands on these people or lock them in a tiny closet all day everyday. How cruel and abusive to such a loving, energetic, inquisitive, and playful breed. I truly hope this doesn't have long term affects on his personality and trusting issues. They need to be taught at an early age so they are not agressive, skidish and scared to death of people and strangers. This breed needs lots of exercise, playtime, and socialization with others. They need to be cuddled and loved!! I am so Angry!! I had to stop typing and get away for a few minutes before I could finish my :mad: :lol-sign: !! I have gotten out of the business of breeding miniature pinschers for this very reason . Everyone in our family fell in love with this breed and wanted one. I had six litters of beautiful perfect pups. They all have wonderful loving homes. I still keep in touch with everyone I sold my babies to and receive pictures as they grow up on a regular basis. I hope someone will give this dog what it deserves. I wish I could take another one into my home but I have three now and don't breed them anymore. There are too many needing to be rescued out there, and I don't feel it is right when you can't be certain that the vey same thing could end up happening to one of your pups when they leave your home.
Please let me know what happens with him.
God Bless Him!!

MG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k229/Sweet72947/Dogs/mico.jpg[/IMG]

He's a real cutie. His name is mico. Here he is chasing a ball:

Mico is very intelligent, and he likes tennis balls! He seems a little unsure of other dogs, but that's probably due to being undersocialized.
So, what think? Mixed or purebred? You decide!:D[/QUOTE]
Old 04-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Squishy face

Well, another update, he was returned after a week because he raised his hackles at the grandmother when she came over .

Mico is also dog reactive on walks. When he sees another dog, he gets low and fixates on them, and once they get close he stands there and barks until they walk by. I am going to teach him a "watch me" command so that I can work on his dog reactiveness. Too bad I can only work with him once a week, as I don't have time to get to the rescue shelter during the week due to class and work. Mico is very sweet, but a dog who freaks out when he sees other dogs doesn't exactly scream "adoptable" to prospective adopters. But this problem stems from being under socialized.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 04-15-2007, 02:38 PM
Puppy Dog

Beautiful Boy! He looks pure to me. Many, many kudos on the rescue!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2007, 04:00 PM
Big Dog

no i do not think he is a pure bred but he is cute
Old 04-19-2007, 01:44 PM
I bark, therefore I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet72947 View Post
Well, another update, he was returned after a week because he raised his hackles at the grandmother when she came over .

Mico is also dog reactive on walks. When he sees another dog, he gets low and fixates on them, and once they get close he stands there and barks until they walk by. I am going to teach him a "watch me" command so that I can work on his dog reactiveness. Too bad I can only work with him once a week, as I don't have time to get to the rescue shelter during the week due to class and work. Mico is very sweet, but a dog who freaks out when he sees other dogs doesn't exactly scream "adoptable" to prospective adopters. But this problem stems from being under socialized.

What a shame all around. The lack of socialization worries me.