Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 04-11-2007, 11:04 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

The kirkland is a step up from Iams, but Canidae woud be even further.

I don't think that feeding a higher quality food necessarily equals a longer life. It may equal a healthier life and I just feel better knowing that I feed a higher quality food. But that's just me.

Good luck.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:34 AM
Big Dog

Well, better food will often mean a healthier, more vital dog for sure. We do feed Canidae now that we're better educated on the subject of canine nutrition, but our dog that passed away last December lived to be 17, and ate Pedigree her entire life, with no health issues until the end. However, she too would have eaten a higher quality diet had we known then what we do now...
Old 04-12-2007, 07:43 AM
I run with scissors

Thanks for the advice everybody. I think I am going to switch Charlie to Canidae. There is a store in my town that sells it and it really is pretty much the same price as Iams. One last question - how do you pronounce Canidae? Is it like Canada?

"The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master." -Ben Hur Lampman

I miss you every day, Charlie. You were my teacher, my playmate, and my best friend. Together, we did what we set out to do, and I am so proud of us for that.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Top Dog

Can-ih-day.

http://www.canidae.com
Old 04-12-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm All Ears

Yeah, I felt like an idiot the first time I went to buy it. I'd been pronouncing it wrong for a while... >.<
Old 04-12-2007, 02:12 PM
I run with scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Yeah, I felt like an idiot the first time I went to buy it. I'd been pronouncing it wrong for a while... >.<

Hee hee. I was talking to one of the girls at work about it because she wants to switch her dog to a better food too and I kept saying "It's like Canada, or Canadeee, or something like that".

"The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master." -Ben Hur Lampman

I miss you every day, Charlie. You were my teacher, my playmate, and my best friend. Together, we did what we set out to do, and I am so proud of us for that.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Yum...

The closest I can find in this state is Muncie, and that is 20 minutes away! sheesh. And we don't like driving that far, just for food. But ya Canidae is the cheapest of them.

Thank you Christine!

A Dog is like an eternal Peter Pan,
a child who never
grows old and who therefore is always available to love and be loved
~Aaron Katcher~

"There aren't any bad dogs, there are only bad owners..." Off of the Movie Underdog
Old 04-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Water Junkie

Canidae is BIG step up. And very reasonably priced. I can't say that I have had good results, but for most it works great.

*we drive an hour to get Canidae*

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 04-12-2007, 11:48 PM
savethebulliedbreeds

We are feeding Prism dog food now. It is made by Eagly Pack. Its the best we can get here in my town.