Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2007, 04:30 AM
Top Dog

Default Allergies + High Fiber

I am completely stumped as to what to do with Jemma's diet. We went to see the vet today because of a ruptured anal gland she has. I did some research on the web just now as to what may contribute to things like this and came across a few sites that mention dogs should be on a high fiber diet to minimize chances of ruptured anal glands.

She is currently on Natural Balance Venison & Brown Rice because I suspect she is allergic to chicken. I can't be sure on that, but she kept on getting ear infections and ever since feeding her diets made of turkey or (now) venison, her infections have disappeared. NB has a minimum of 3% fiber and so does Innova.

She was on a prepackaged raw diet for about 1.5 years before Natural Balance and she almost had no health problems then, but her breath really stunk despite the fact that I brushed her teeth nightly. The vet said that whatever she was eating, she wasn't digesting properly, so I switched her over.

Any suggestions as to what I can feed her? Thanks so much in advance!