Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-03-2005, 10:23 PM
Top Dog

They dont know better? I'm not one to start a debate but thats kind of offensive to people from parts of the world who DO eat dog. I'm not saying I would ever do that, but in some countries, cows are sacred, but that doesnt stop us from eating them.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:27 PM
Top Dog

nah, man, I was just joking

I should of put a tounge face after that...
Old 06-03-2005, 10:45 PM
Top Dog

ok, just making sure noone on the forum is offended.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Top Dog

ah, no problem, I know where your coming from! I hate it when ppl are so... what's it called... close-minded (is that it?).

BTW sorry if I offended anyone, didn't mean to.

Last edited by Richie12345; 06-03-2005 at 11:58 PM.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:46 AM
Puppy Dog

I have a cousin who is in the Navy and about 5 yrs ago he was in the Phillipines when their carrier ported. The guys had a few hours of leave time, so they left the carrier and went on a walk... Right inside the city was a market square and Matthew liked to try different foods and what not... they found a stand that sold "Monkey on a stick"... he said it was delicious until he got around the block and on the back side was a man skinning a sheep dog... *~* gag *~*... I don't need to tell you what my cousin did next lol...

Also, I recall watching a documentary on the discovery network or something like that a few years ago about how every year there are like 60 tons (so many thousand, I can't remember the exact number) of Dogs and Cats stolen and transported overseas. Some animals are "adopted" from shelters, and some are just stolen, and some are strays... but they went thru and showed what they do to them, and where their poor lil bodies end up. It was heart breaking for me to watch, and I've seen many documentaries, but none have stuck with me like that one. I mean, cheez n rice, they won't eat Cows because they think they are Gods and worship them.. but they eat our pets???

*cry*
Old 06-04-2005, 01:56 AM
Harley & Abby

When I was little I lived in Singapore and we saved a cat from being eaten! He was destined for someone's dinner plate. I think the weirdest animal food thing I have seen is when I went to Spain we went to this food market and there was a butcher's stall, and in the little display area were goats' heads all lined up in a row, and their tongues were poking out.. it looked scary!

By the way, that's so nice of your friend's dad to save the dog!
Old 06-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Top Dog

yea but i dont think it should be allowed in toronto , canada we are a bilingual country but there are too many dog lovers that would take offense, besides i dont think it is allowed
Old 06-05-2005, 12:14 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I thought the same thing as Renee..sounds like a made up story to me

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 06-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie
I thought the same thing as Renee..sounds like a made up story to me
well unless her dad made it up but hes a pretty serious guy...i would not make something like this up it is something that has stuck to me, i may be younger then al lot of people here but i am mature and do not take this lightly
Old 06-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Top Dog

o yea and smkie i know this may sound weird that is why it is a "odd story" but according to my friend that is why they really got their dog..im not lieing