Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2007, 12:30 PM
lurking near the surface

yeah, i don't think i could handle the constant concern and supervision. we plan to get an acreage, and i would like to be able to let the dogs run in a large fenced area without having to be out there every single moment or keep them separated constantly.
thanks for the info and honesty, everyone. they are beautiful dogs, and in every other way i like what i read about them and think they are beautiful... but this would be too much of a concern for our lifestyle. we also have tons of friends with dogs. i know this one person who has a boxer who cannot handle being around any other dogs at all. so when a bunch of us want to take the dogs and kids for walks, she can't bring hers or we can't bring ours. we are super social and travel and go camping a lot. and, yeah, i just don't think it could work for us. it's sad, because they seem like such wonderful dogs and i would love to be a part of the help to prove the breed is worth saving. guess i will have to add them to the list of dogs we won't be considering..