I get to ride again!!!!

I'm dying to gloat. My lessons start next week, and I'm so excited. I haven't been on a horse this year (yow, I just realized that) which is the longest break I've taken in the last 3 years. I went to drop the check off last week and I just breathed in horse smell.

btw, has anyone taken a riding vacation? That was my original reason for taking lessons - to prepare for one of those vacations where you ride across Ireland or Italy or whatever. Then I got sucked in and used all my money for lessons :)

BostonBanker

Woo-hoo! Not to brag, but I just had my hand to my face and was thinking, "God, I stink like a horse";) . I'm so glad you get to start riding again!

I've never taken one of the riding vacations - I'd be too worried about leaving my horse for that long;) . But I bet they are a blast! I've always thought it would be cool to do one in Australia.

I'm so happy you get to ride again! I haven't taken a riding vacation abroad or anything, but for the past few years I've taken my horse to this place in the mountains of Pennsylvania and you stay in a cabin and they feed you 3 meals a day and have a pool and a hot tub and all sorts of activities. You ride out of camp each morning and return sometime that day--it is Soooo much fun!
--oh and BostonBanker---I made it to Australia last year--didn't get to do any riding (except a brief stint on a camel--but thats another story...)Its a really neat place!--I did get to explore a tack shop though and talk to some people about how they get hay and keep horses in the outback and how much it costs, so it was pretty cool.

Members online

No members online now.