Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 03-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Here's a better picture (sort of) of him. He was actually so active in this picture he was swimming around everywhere, I'm surprised it came out halfway decent.:

Will his colors change as he gets older? I love all the red on him but lots of times I see that they change, is there a reason for that.

We are also planning on getting some cory cat (probably 3) to go in there with him in a couple months (not for 6 months or so). I like the panda cories and they need a mature tank so we'll give this tank 6 months to get established and see if he does ok with them.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:30 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy29 View Post
I guess there are exceptions like Buddy's Parent's, but from my experience, my bettas have always done better without too much disturbance.
Well, of course I get the odd betta!

All of my bettas have always enjoyed just hangin' out. Either in the plants or at the top or bottom. Sparky, my new betta... he's teaching me not to stereotype bettas. He's so different from my last betta that I feel that I am learning all over again!

Good luck, Julie!

Old 03-20-2007, 12:31 AM
Fishies!

A filter like that gives very little real current, although it is important that they have room to get out of any current that does exist. They have parachutes for a tail! Some seem to like to play, but then get out of it.

As long as your tank is fully cycled you can add your cories quicker. While they do not like ammonia, the difference between a month post cycling and 6mo is really minimal. By then your filter will be as developed as its going to be to develop for a betta's waste. Cories do like big groups though, at least 6, but maybe add them in groups of 3 a few weeks apart to check for ammonia problems. I've got a dozen bronzes in a 10, they love big groups!
Old 03-20-2007, 12:07 PM
lurking near the surface

bettas tend to have such a variety of personalities. the betta i had before rufus was SUPER anti-social. he hated the sight of people. i would have to feed him and then leave.

as others mentioned, some are really picky eaters too. however, i have yet to come across a betta that will turn down some frozen bloodworms! i keep frozen bloodworms around for my newts and sometimes will supplement my fish with them and they go crazy!

food ideas