Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 03-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Andy

Default good bones or chews?

i have a pom, lhasa apso, and havanese and i want to find a good bone that they can chew on. ive tried giving them ordinary rawhide bones and also pig ears but they both seem to give them soft stool if they eat them for a while. any recommendations or any kind of bones or anything they can chew on?
Old 03-18-2007, 01:42 AM
Top Dog

Those types of chews are actually dangerous. Sharp pieces can break off and slice your dogs' stomachs or get lodged in their intestines.

Have you tried feeding raw meaty bones, raw soup bones, or raw knuckle bones from a butcher?
Old 03-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Andy

umm do you mean raw as in the acutally bone before its been cooked? well what bones from the store do you recommend. ive been told raw hide isnt good, but that seems to be almost the only kinds they ever have....
Old 03-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Top Dog

Raw hide is different. It actually isn't raw, and it's not very good for your dogs.

I mean raw bones. The real bones, before they have been cooked. Call your local butcher and ask if they have any raw knuckle bones.

Or you could use nylabones!