Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-30-2005, 01:43 PM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
I have heard of people buying seats for their dogs, but they must be crated or contained and the airlines reserve the right to refuse to allow the dog to board if they think it might be a problem.

Personally, I hate flying, sitting on in cramped quarters, breathing canned air. The dogs give me the perfect excuse to drive anywhere I want to go. I'd much rather drive someplace than fly.

In a few years i will have to Fly to Russia from USA.

Choice is very hard, take my pup with me or leave him with good friends.

Im not sure what is best for me him, just know it will be very hard.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Big Dog

With summer coming up airlines will have more restrictions due to temperature issues, you'll definitely want to check into that ahead of time.

We flew our cocker over the Atlantic when we moved to/from Germany, he had no problems whatsoever, BUT I have heard both good and bad experiences, (more good than bad, though) when it comes to flying dogs. Consider using Benadryl or a mild sedative for the flight to prevent anxiety attacks, you can ask your vet for the best kind/dosage.

Best of luck, let us know how things go for you.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:02 AM
Active Pup

Default thank you all for your replies

as i worked at the airport a few years ago i still have some contacts there and they would probably allow me to take the dog with me till the gate.
and if not i can arrange for a friend to be with her in the cargo erea... so she won't get on the wrong plane.. (and it's a non stop flight).
i wish i could drive the distance -but it's not possible.

i would prefer to postpone the flight but if we don't go we'll get into BIG trouble with my family... so that's not an option either.

we could leave her in a pension - but i'd rather not (especially in such young age).

so... i just hope it'll be ok! thank you all for sharing your experience!
and i'll let you know what happens (even though it'll be in a couple of months)

ella
Old 05-31-2005, 03:05 AM
Active Pup

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDFan05
With summer coming up airlines will have more restrictions due to temperature issues, you'll definitely want to check into that ahead of time.

We flew our cocker over the Atlantic when we moved to/from Germany, he had no problems whatsoever, BUT I have heard both good and bad experiences, (more good than bad, though) when it comes to flying dogs. Consider using Benadryl or a mild sedative for the flight to prevent anxiety attacks, you can ask your vet for the best kind/dosage.

Best of luck, let us know how things go for you.
thanks- i'll ask the advise of my vet! good idea.