Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 03-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Rusty but Trusty

well most people here just probably just use a standard measuring cup that you buy from the store (well I do). I go by the back of the bag and adjust if my dogs are getting too skinny or overweight. Giving handfuls of dog biscuits isn't really a very accurate way of feeding your puppy though. What kibble do you feed? Maybe trying switching his kibble.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Puppy Dog

oh no, i cant even remember what brand and didn't know that it's stated on the pakcaging on the food weight.

let me check it out and revert back to you all. im like a 'chicken runnning without head'....this my 1st puppy and im sooo lost.

btw, thanks for all ur comments and advise, really really appreciate it.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav View Post
I wouldn't feed my dogs Hills if you paid me! But that's just my humble opinion.
Either would I, but if this guy lives in Malaysia he probably has a limited selection, and even Science Diet beats feeding dog biscuits.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:45 AM
Puppy Dog

oh, i feed him with local brand dog food. sorry it's not biscuit, it's lamb&rice treat. ****, i dunno wat im talking about...

u r right Herschel, i do not hav many choices here. In addition, the branded dog food like Eagle, Purina...it's so expensive here. All the imported brands are really rip off here.

what i did yesterday, i gave him 1cup of dogfood, after finished it, he still whining n keep licking my toe (auww).... so, I gave him another cup. after that, he stopped bothering me and walk away to do his 'business'. so i guess 2cups is just right for my puppy

my puppy is 10weeks old now, so by what age, i should increase his food weight?

thanks all.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:26 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
oh, i feed him with local brand dog food. sorry it's not biscuit, it's lamb&rice treat. ****, i dunno wat im talking about...

u r right Herschel, i do not hav many choices here. In addition, the branded dog food like Eagle, Purina...it's so expensive here. All the imported brands are really rip off here.

what i did yesterday, i gave him 1cup of dogfood, after finished it, he still whining n keep licking my toe (auww).... so, I gave him another cup. after that, he stopped bothering me and walk away to do his 'business'. so i guess 2cups is just right for my puppy

my puppy is 10weeks old now, so by what age, i should increase his food weight?

thanks all.
That is pretty dangerous, if you ask me. You should control how much food your dog gets, your dog shouldn't control how much food you give him!

Have you checked the bag to make sure there are no feeding guidelines? Is there a phone number on the bag that you could call to ask about it?

What kind of food are you feeding, Happy? Is the "Back to Basics" that I suggested before available to you?