Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 03-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Island dweller

Hey that breeder is from around here
Old 03-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Top Dog

Hey , if it ain't broke , why fix it !? I would personally check your present dog's hips at a yr.old . If all's well ....then go back !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 03-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I think if you've found a great breeder and you are happy with them why not go back? It's a challenge to find a reputable breeder, particularly for some breeds, so I say if you want to stick with it.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Puppy Dog

I didn't see anything about health screenings on the site...

with Saints, that makes me nervous.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown
Old 03-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I didn't see anything about health screenings on the site...
yeah neither did I. I could have just missed it, but if they do not screen I would not go back. You'll need to fix one of them or have them separated all the time. I have nothing against not fixing until a dog is mature but once you have two I'd fix one of them at least. Your dog is adorable I love saints!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy24 View Post
yeah neither did I. I could have just missed it, but if they do not screen I would not go back. You'll need to fix one of them or have them separated all the time. I have nothing against not fixing until a dog is mature but once you have two I'd fix one of them at least. Your dog is adorable I love saints!

Thanks everyone. I am giong to email her and ask her about health screenings. Mack is also going to go to the vet in the next few days just to get a good once over(including his hips)

I am going to fix the puppy right away, but I am not sure about fixing Mack....the vet here is expensive...and I dont mean just a little, because I wouldn't care if it was only a little expensive...but its 400 bucks, for just the neuter, and then they want blood work, fluids, xrays...and that all costs big big money..they wont do the neuter unless i get all the other stuff as well...so it could very well end up being upwards of 6-700 bucks. When we move the cost goes down to 125..but I dont know if I would want to neuter him when he is older...Hes a very good boy...shows no typical behaviour that would want to make me neuter him (like peeing on things...he hasnt mastered the 3 leg pee yet...hes not aggressive towards anything, including dogs of both sexes and cats...and he is most certainly not hyper) I dont know...I will see how it goes I guess
Old 03-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Puppy Dog

oh and I should add....

Mack is an inside dog 100%..he only goes out to do his business and for walks/play but he is never ever outside without a leash on...ever! So the chances of him running off and making little Macks are slim to none...
Old 03-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Puppy Dog

well I did some hunting around and no breeder that's anywhere near us has impressed me even half as much as mountains country did. They are awesome people...and whenever I have a question about my dog..its always answered right away and I just feel like they are there for me if i need help....so anyone looking for a Saint in this area, I recommend them!

Now I just have to wait till this house sells and we move back to the country *keeps fingers crossed* hope it happens soon...then its time to look for a puppy!
Old 03-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Top Dog

x-rays and fluids and over $400 for a neuter??

Where the HECK do you live? That is ridiculous! Have you looked for another vet or a low cost clinic?