Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-28-2005, 05:37 PM
Puppy Dog

Question breeding question?!

I will be breeding my 2 chis in the future, i know u should use a male thats smaller, better for the female, however my one female is about 3.5 pounds and the male is 4.5 he isnt very big, if you ask me my female feels like she weighs more..lol would it create problems? or should i be trying to find another stud for her?

CHIRIFFIC!!!
Old 05-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Top Dog

i shouldnt think a pound will make a difference. my mother in law has chi's and her dog is a lot bigger than the *****, no probs at all

Old 05-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Top Dog

I don't know if it'd make a difference or not, since I don't specalize in Chis. If you have questions, I suggest finding a responsible breeder who will be your mentor.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:58 PM
Top Dog

You may want to talk to Love4Pits. She's a wonderfully responsible and contientious breeder. She'd have some great advice for you.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:00 PM
Big Dog

I don't think a pound should make a huge difference either, but it's good that you're planning ahead instead of breeding on a whim.

Make sure to consult your vet before you breed them, get them both checked out to make sure they're 'breeding quality' with their structure and that they don't have any problems you don't want passed on and proliferated. Even if you've got two perfect specimens, it's still important to let the vet look at their condition (weight, etc) to get advice on how to have the most successful breeding and pregnancy.

Good luck!