Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 03-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Active Pup

Default Question regarding my two puppies.

I have a 4 month old yorkie and a 2 month old golden retriever. I brought home the Golden retreiver yesterday and it seems like they always wrestle and bite, so I keep them separated most of the time. The yorkie seems to be the more aggressive one and the golden is more submissive. I am worried one of them might get hurt, especiialy the yorkie since the golden is nearly triple its weight. Is the yorkie jealous or are they just playful.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Top Dog

The play is normal ....but I'd watch if the Yorkie gets too nippy ! You don't want to cause aggression with the Golden . It's not their nature unless provoked .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 03-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Puppy Dog

I have a Golden and a mini weiner dog and wrestle all day long.. I watched them at first when i first brought the weiner home ( he is almost 5 months and weighs about 6 pounds), but after a week he acting like he was bigger then her. He gets snipped every once in awhile because he bites a little hard, but never gets hurt. I would let them play just watch them till you feel comfortable