Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 02-21-2007, 03:09 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

He's got food in the middle of the rooms. There is a hole in the kitchen that goes back very far, there's no way to get in or see as far back as it goes, even with a flashlight. I hope she's just hiding out in there and will come out soon to get some treats.

Hopefully, she's not so fat that she got stuck somewhere.

My Polyvore
Old 02-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Love my pets

I'm hoping she comes out for the treats. Please keep us updated.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:13 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

I'm hoping she does too.
So many have told me that theirs have gone missing for upwards of a week or more! Ugh, I'm such a worrywart but it still gets to me that a tiny little domesticated critter has gone off missing, there's just too many things for her to get into.
The poor chubby likes to put all sorts of little things in her mouth when she finds them. She doesn't just eat, she harbours things, LOL.

My Polyvore
Old 02-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Mutts to you

When my sister's hamster would escape, we would set up a 'stupid hamster trap' in the middle of the kitchen floor. It involved a bucket, a board and trail of treats up the board and in the bucket. Floyd the hamster fell (literally) for it every time. Hope you find her!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 02-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Squishy face

We had a hamster a long time ago that got loose. We found him living in my sister's closet. Good luck!

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 02-22-2007, 10:17 AM
Top Dog

the bucket thing snark was talking about was a bucket tall enough so that your hamster cannot jump out of it but not so tall that he would be afraid to jump into it. You use a dimple wooden ramp up to the top of the bucket and fill the bottom of the bucket with food. Then turn out the lights and go to bed in the morning you will hopefully have a hamster in the bucket, you can put one in every room or just the kitchen or the room whee the cage was (the two rooms she would most likely be in.) i hope you find her!
Old 02-22-2007, 12:29 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

yup that was what i was going to write, the bucket thing really works, i used a staircase of books tho. Also go around the edges of rooms and most likely your hamster will be nestled up with some chewed up carpet in the corner of a closet. WE had one that got out, a three legger named Gimp that tried to move about 10 lbs of dog food into the back of a dishwasher. He was scooting a hairbrush across the kitchen floor when we busted him. Make sure tho that you block under the door to the basement especially if you have stairs that are not solid. the hamster can harm himself fatally if he finds stairs like that. Found that out the hard way. ANd watch out while loading the washing machine, a friend found that out the hard way too.

They will also look for water so bait your trap with a small undrownable bowl of water.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 02-23-2007, 07:58 AM
Top Dog

have you found her yet?
Old 02-23-2007, 09:09 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Haven't found her yet.
I've been looking for her, including the hole in the kitchen she may have gotten into. I wish I could see all the way back, but I think there's even a couple of twists in it.

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw a red stain on the kitchen tiles, thinking it was blood. Turned out to be a cherry jello stain.

From the previous posts by others who had this happen, I am trying to keep hope up.

My Polyvore