Hoover Dog

Cheza

Hi everyone,

Just a question to wonder about... Cheza likes to eat everything -- leaves on the ground, pinecones/needles...

I try and keep her from eating most of it, but do I need to be really paranoid if she occasionally swallows a bit of a dead leaf?

Saje

Island dweller
I wouldn't. I mean, somethings are a bit concerning. Like bits of wood can cut on their way down or get lodged in their gums. A leaf? I wouldn't be concerned. Their stomachs are pretty hardy for the most part :)

Yeah

Wrigley is like that too. Don't freak out if she gets a leaf or two--but do keep an eye on her--as Wrigley has made himself sick eating things out doors! Hopefully now that he is a bit older it will be better but just in case we have been getting him used to a muzzle so that when we put him out potty in our fenced in back yard he can go to the bathroom without us having to stare at him worrying about what he might eat (sounds rather drasitic doesn't it?) LOL!

Louise_H

Holly is the same and I worry so much when we are out, especially as I can never be too sure of what she could pick up exactly!!!. The only thing that I find helps is to keep her entertained, keep her walking quickly or fetching something and when she does pick something up I tell her 'No' firmly and ask her to drop it.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Make sure she doesn't get near any chemically treated mulch.

Members online

No members online now.