Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC4mvp
yeah i have had them since they were pups. and when my dogs see other dogs my JRT barks alot and my BT does nothing untill comfronted. by the way is your dog's name chloe because my JRT is named that.
Yeah my dogs name is Chloe. She is a 5 yr old Great Dane that I got from the Humane Society earlyier this year.

You said your JRT does fine around dogs so I am guessing your JRT's barking is just excitement? What does your BT do when comfronted?
Old 05-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Active Pup

well he gets really tense well not tense, but it just like he does'nt like to be bothered so when a dog runs up to him it's like he almost feels to cool for that dog its actually quite funny, he never really bites at other dogs he just gives a loud growl and then normally i pull him away before it gets ugly
Old 05-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC4mvp
well he gets really tense well not tense, but it just like he does'nt like to be bothered so when a dog runs up to him it's like he almost feels to cool for that dog its actually quite funny, he never really bites at other dogs he just gives a loud growl and then normally i pull him away before it gets ugly
It's a good thing that he ignores other dogs. It means he is just not interested in them, which is so much better than trying to go over and just attack them! Did you get the JRT and BT at the same time? If not how did they first react to each other?
How is your reaction when you meet other dogs? If your nervous when you meet them, your nervousness could be sent down the leash to your dog. Then the dog feels it has to protect you. Same thing if you bring the dogs close to you or tighten the leash when you come to other dogs.

Sorry for so many questions, I am just trying to get as much info as I can so I can try and help you.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:36 PM
Active Pup

it's all good, know i did'nt get them at the same time there never was any problems between the two they really enjoy each other. and no i don't get nervous around other dogs but maybe your right my dog still might feel like another dog is an enemy and might hurt me so he feels oblicated to protect me.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Active Pup

My Bt by the way has faught a pit bull before and it was scary but that was all the pit bull's fault i was just passing by with my Bt and the PB just went crazy. me and the other owner seperated them really quickly though but it could have gotten really ugly.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:52 AM
Don't encourage me..

Hello and welcome!! I would post your question in the training forum where Creature Teacher will pick it up!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 05-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Felurian

VC, I'm assuming you're talking about a Bull Terrier and not Pit Bull Terrier? The Bull Terriers are the only breed NOT disqualified in the show ring for showing aggression to other dogs. It's part of their temperament. Unless the other dog is part of the family, a well-bred Bull Terrier is going to take issue with it, even to the point of fighting. They just aren't dogs that are suited to friendly trips to the dog park.

Personally, they're some of my favorites, but you just have to take that breed peculiarity into consideration when you've got one.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-24-2005, 09:05 PM
Playful Husky Pup

I go with everything said before sounds like your dog missed some key socialization as a puppy.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie