Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-24-2005, 07:37 AM
Top Dog

Default Dont it just figure

Last night was one of those nights I couldnt get to sleep so I stayed up late. This morning my babies have been wanting to play since 6. I got smart, went out and opened the back door so they could go outside to play. I just left the door open so they can come back in. I laid down to get alittle more sleep. They went out, did their jobs then back in they came. Princess jumps up on the bed, Gracie on the floor and they played for the next hour. Wrestling, Gracie barking at Princess, Princess shaking entire bed as she flops around to tease Gracie. After an hour of laying there thinking maybe they will chase each other outside I give up. I grab me a blanket, sit down here at my computer and dont it figure, Princess lays down on my bed, and Gracie lays down at my feet both ready for naps! Guess they just wanted me to get up.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:54 AM
Top Dog

ROFLOL!!!! It definitely figures. Aren't they manipulative little monsters sometimes? LOL. It does look like they just wanted you to get up and join them in whatever they were going to do. They were gathering the pack. LOL. That's such a cute story!
Old 05-24-2005, 08:08 AM
Felurian

Little monsters is right, lol! Guess they were just pooped from working so hard to get you up

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-24-2005, 08:52 AM
Top Dog

That's funny! I do that too... get up, leave the back door open so they can do whatever, go back to bed. But they'd let their Mamma sleep!
Old 05-24-2005, 01:26 PM
Top Dog

Chip usually won't get up until I do. If he has a "problem" he goes between my bed and the wall and bangs the wall with his tail. Bubba taught him that when I first got Chip. The first night he was here, he wasn't sure how to ask....Bubba banged the wall, and I openned the door for them both,...... only Chip went out and Bubba went back to bed. This happened twice, after that, Chip got the story and did his own tail banging. My how they teach each other !!
Old 05-24-2005, 01:37 PM
Top Dog

Yup...I don't have that problem. Mine wake up after I do. Sometimes I get up really early and get my coffee and they're still sleeping. I say, "don't you need to go out?" And they say, "NO!!!! Leave us alone...we're sleeping, can't you see?" They're like my teenagers were.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:51 PM
Felurian

Bimmer is ready to go out whenever someone gets up, but not before. If Charley gets up first and lets Bimmer out, Kharma comes back and steals his spot at the foot of the bed. Shiva has to be coaxed out later, lol! She's a lazybones. Kharma doesn't get to go out until one of us takes her out on the leash . . . still got that compulsive herding thing goin' on . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-24-2005, 03:07 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

the first 6 months with Vic were just plain heck in the morning..now he sleeps as long as i do, but after i get up is back to the old hurrrrrryyyyyy up thing. He knows right after breakfast he will get to play with Shaffer. I don't envy you, i love my mornings what few i do get.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,