Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Member Introductions

Old 09-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Jett29

Smile

Your dogs sound very sneaky and clever.. I am sure Wishbone would be very proud of them. Unlike Kharma ( what type of dog is Kharma, anyways?), Wishbone does not make nests all over the house. His favorite place is under the bed. His cage ( which I always keep open) is his second favorite place. He has not yet moved on to the big stuff like tv remotes.

Wishbone is also a peanut butter freak. I have never known a dog who can unscrew lids but I know dogs are much smarter than we give them credit for. And if they want something bad enough they will find ways to get to it. As big of a thief Wishbone is I am glad he is not tall enough to steal things from the kitchen counter. Is stealing from the counters an issue at your place? However if a chair is not pulled in he will be on the table in no time. I was over at my parent's house last week ( Wishy always goes with me) and my mom was busy clearing the table. I look around and I see Wishbone standing on a chair licking a plate clean. I yell at him and you should have seen him jump. He got his butt off there.. pronto.

Another thing, according to Wishbone anything that accidentally drops on the floor is HIS! He likes to watch me cook and watch me eat.. staring at me, just hoping and hoping.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:04 PM
Felurian

Kharma and Shiva are both Fila Brasileiros - plenty tall enough to steal off the counters when they think they'll get by with it, which is most of the time. The top of the refrigerator is the only place safe . . . for now!

Shiva is so well mannered about everything else now that she's a year old, but she does love to help herself. And she's also figured out how to climb. She'll even scoot boxes over to wherever she needs something to stand on. I suspect that Kharma does it too, but she's much slicker than Shiva and I haven't caught her yet. ;p
Old 09-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Active Pup

Default Your Not A Jack Russell Owner!

You are owned by a Jack Russell!!!
Old 09-05-2004, 04:24 PM
Jett29

In some ways, I am definately owned by a Jack Russell!!! But I am proud to be owned by him.

To Renee750il: I thought Wishbone was clever but I don't think he would ever come up with the idea of scooting boxes. As far as dogs, they are very good at copying each other's behavior.

My Wishbone does things at my mom's house he would not think of doing at my place. Then again he has two other dogs to learn from, a beagle mix and a rat terrier mix. Both are my parent's dogs.

Wishbone will sometimes mess in the house if the weather is bad ( he can't hold it forever but he does try). My parents dogs are also housebroken but they feel mistreated if my mom goes somewhere for more than an hour and they will leave a present on the floor to get even. One day my mom caught Wishbone hiking his leg on her bed. My mom now has gates on the bedroom doors to keep Wishbone and the other two dogs out.

Well I never caught him doing that here.. I swear. Plus my house does not smell like a dog, either so I know he has to be good.

My mom can't do any type of vacuuming if Wishbone is going to be over, either. She could ,but Wishbone will yap as soon as it comes out of the closet.It is on Wishbone's list of things that need to be destroyed. He chases it and attacks it. He yaps the whole time, too. He does not like things that make just as much noise as him, I guess.

The other day I took him out. He was being quiet then all of a sudden all hell breaks loose. He did his " I saw a squirrel so now I have to kill it" type of barking.

I look over across the street and the neighbor had taken out her lawn mower. Wishbone just stood there really stiff, with his tail in the air and he just barked furiously at it.

I told my mom about this and she said that if Wishbone was there she could picture him barking at the lawn mower and chasing it around the entire yard.