Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-19-2005, 01:55 PM
Top Dog

Bogo love, I thought of you yesterday. I took Princess and Gracie to a field to play. I'm working with Gracie on coming to me so when it was her turn I knelt down on the ground to call her. Now I cant let Princess off a leash at anytime outside of a fenced in area or she'll be gone. When I knelt down just happen I was close to something of interst to Princess but not close enough for her to get to it. She pulled real hard to get to it, I fell over and she was nearly dragging me to get to it and because I wasnt planted firm I ended up laying on the ground trying hard to keep from losing her and get her back enough I could actually get up again! I thought of all your stories of your wonderful walks. I was sure sore when we got home after that one.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Top Dog

LOL! Well, I am glad to know there are others out there that can sympathize with my adventurous walks. Thanks for sharing that story!
Old 05-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Top Dog

Lol at all of these... love HURTS! A couple of mine... when Eli was a little puppy, I was bending down with my face in his ( smart ) and he kind of jumps up to meet my face with his with his little puppy mouth open in a smile and those sharp little puppy teeth that feel like needles. So, his bottom fang goes in my nose -- I pull up and RIP goes my nose!

Then there was Yogi and "The Claw". We'd be laying in bed facing each other his head on the pillows, too. I'd be petting him all over and as soon a I'd start to withdraw my hand, OUT comes THE CLAW (his front paw) and he'd rake my face!
Old 05-19-2005, 10:07 PM
Puppy Dog

well scout didnt do this to me she did it to my son. my son and her were out in the yard playing in the leaf piles. my son jumped out of the leaves and scout jumped out after him and WHAM hit him right in the mouth and broke one of his teeth and knocked another loose. the tooth she broke was a permanent one and the one she knocked loose was a baby one. i really felt so bad cause my son blamed himself for it happening because i always tell him not to play so rough because she is so much stronger then him.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:35 PM
Taco Dog

Out of all the many many dogs I have ever bathed, Precious is most difficult. Terrible in the tub. Anyway, I picked her big butt up into the tub and was trying to keep her still when BAM, up comes her head to meet with mine. Grrr... I said "FINE! You don't want a bath? Then get out!" She jumped out, then I felt bad, so I let her dry off on my bed while I lay beside her.

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 05-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNHunter
Then there was Yogi and "The Claw". We'd be laying in bed facing each other his head on the pillows, too. I'd be petting him all over and as soon a I'd start to withdraw my hand, OUT comes THE CLAW (his front paw) and he'd rake my face!
I used to drive my Mom crazy, playing with the cat with my bare hands, lol! I rarely got scratched. I was quick, Gulliver was gentle, and on the occasion he did get me with a claw I didn't jerk my hand back. Purdue, my Shepherd, would play with Gulliver by putting his head on the ground, laying in the side of his face, them reach under Gulliver's belly and nip him, then yank that snoot back out of harm's way. He got caught a few times, but he learned not to yank his face back when there was a cat claw stuck in his snoot, lol!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-20-2005, 07:59 PM
Active Pup

Haha "the Claw", Shesha, the shi-tzu will do just that, she will rake your hand, shoulder and even face when lying down next to her. If you plan on petting, you better be ready to commit haha. She will not initiate it, but if you start petting, and then suddenly stop....the nearest body part gets raked, pretty hard , even the eyeballs. She is serious about some lovin