Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-19-2005, 07:53 AM
Top Dog

Default Anyone else's dogs HATE the sprinkler?

Poor Bear, if he could talk, I'm sure he'd beg us not to water the lawn in the summer. Every year it is the same thing, (my husband is obsessed with keeping our lawn green). Bear will walk out into his yard, eye the sprinkler warily, and then decide its safe to proceed. We have one of those oscillating sprinklers that shoot water in a circle. Bear will get a couple of feet off the deck when the sprinkler will hit him and then, the poor guy, will run to try to avoid it, but unfortunately he usually chooses to run in the exact direction that the sprinkler is going! He makes the most frustrated face as he runs in this circle with the water hitting him full in the face! We can't help it - we laugh hysterically.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:22 AM
Love my pets

How cute! My lab used to like the sprinkler. We put it on even if the lawn didn't need watering. None of my dogs now like it. You should try to get a picture of Bear doing this. I have one of my lab and it brings back memories.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:57 AM
Top Dog

That's funny. I have a feeling Gracie is going to enjoy a sprinkler. I was spraying water yesterday outside and she danced around, jumping in and out barking. Princess just stood back, never came to close. We'll see as summer gets here.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:41 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Mary loves hose water..when i water the plants she always has to be "watered" too even tho she has a full clean and cold ice bucket of water in the kitchen. I have an adapter that goes on the end that makes a mist so fine it is a delight to stand in it..all my dogs love to play and cool off under the mist on a hot day.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 05-19-2005, 12:51 PM
Top Dog

Brady would just eat the sprinkler, therefore, we don't keep it in the back yard. He already destroyed one of our hoses because he thinks it is really funny to grab a hold of it while you are walking it to or from the shed and pull it while you are trying to keep it away from him. I can see the laughter on his face as he does it too, then we act like we are going to get him if he does it again to try to chase him away from the hose and he runs around us in circles, and then just grabs it again and pulls some more. It is extremely frustrating and hilarious at the same time. Maybe if I could control my laughter I would have more strength to keep it away from him. He cracks me up.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Top Dog

Thats so funny bogolove, I'd love to watch that.
I went out awhile ago with the dogs and noticed they was out of water so I turned the water on and grabbed the hose and here runs Gracie all excited so I sprayed it in the air. She started dancing around it, then running thru it like a little kid would having the time of her life. I think she is really going to enjoy a sprinkler. Princess once again stayed away. Wants nothing to do with it.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:03 PM
no touchy

Tippy absolutely hates sprinklers. If we're walking and she sees a sprinkler on, and we walk through it, she rushes through as fast as possible.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.