Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 05-01-2005, 08:44 AM
BusterLove

lol, hats a nice story, glad we sorted it out

Old 05-16-2005, 03:23 PM
Happy

[QUOTE=Kathy74]Okay, I'm used to being known as "the lady with the big black dogs" and I've had to explain to MANY people that they are not mean just b/c they are big and black!

I sympathize. My latest dog is a (beautiful) mix of colors, but unless she's standing in brilliant sunlight that brings out her silver guard hairs, she looks dark and people respond much more cautiously to her than they did to her predecessors, who were white/cream in color. I'm actually relieved - after years spent trying to dissuade people from petting one white, cuddly terrier mix who DID NOT like being approached, a little caution from strangers is welcome. When people are hesitant, be patient - after all, they don't know your dog and it's just sensible to be cautious around large dogs. When they're rude, just shake your head. And remember, dogs who look harmless or cute also have a tough time - total strangers frequently just pounce on them without any manners at all.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:59 PM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy74
Its hard b/c these comments are usually made in the salon, where you can't tell a client how stupid they sound!! It seems so odd that so many people are "warning" me of owning the most passive dog I've ever met!! I try to be very considerate of the one neighbor that is close by...If the girls start barking, it's time to come in.
Ahh the joys of living in a small town! Someone adopted a pitt mix a couple of months ago, and the whole town knew within days that there was a pitt bull in town! The girls and I have been charged by a sheltie, a poodle, and another small mixed breed while walking, but WE'RE the bad ones b/c we have big dogs! HMMMMM....My dogs are always on leash or within a fence, not charging people walking down the street!
I know exactly how you feel. I have a pit bull, and she is the nicest, sweetest dog I've ever had. I can't take her walking down our street, because other people let their chihuahuas and other little dogs run around outside by theirselves. My nephew and I have even had a few of these dogs chase us while we are trying to walk to the park.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Top Dog

Dog ignorance is just like racism...Just more socially exceptable!!

Rotties Rock....I just wish they lived longer