Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Stories

Old 04-07-2005, 03:39 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Shaffer is following me around like that Gustav..and i dont want him to become attached to me..he should his new owner, but my mom doens't see dogs as equals on this earth quite like i do. She is not the same tactile...run in a pack, let the dog sleep on the furniture person i am sooo there is a problem. I need to get him a good bed for over there. I tried to suggest his own sofa, but that didn't go over so well. I bet Gustav thought he had hit the pot of gold at the end of his rainbow when you walked into his life.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Don't encourage me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie
I bet Gustav thought he had hit the pot of gold at the end of his rainbow when you walked into his life.
I'm not so sure! I think he resents the fact that he has to sleep on his own double bed, with his own pillows and quilt!! Lol!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-07-2005, 06:06 PM
Love my pets

Great story. I bet Gustav was just meant to be with you.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:48 AM
Don't encourage me..

Thanks! I think so too Barb!
I just remembered another thing, he is really funny about children, He growls at them and tries to bite them! Luckily I don't have children, and Martins little boy only comes to visit in the holidays and we spent 90% outdoors so it's not too much of an issue, because when we're outside Gus is sniffing around and not paying Jordan any attention!

He even nipped (not biting hard, but enough to bruise!) my Mum continually when she first met him, my mum is only 5' 2" and very very petite, she's like a child really. I think he was trying to put her in her place. My Mum is wary of any GSD type dog because she was seriously attacked by one when she was younger. Maybe Gus knew this and was bullying her into a position under him in the pack?! He doesn't nip her anymore, he adores my mum now but it was a bit tricky to start off with!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Top Dog

I enjoyed the story....sorry I didn't pick it up earlier...I should read that forum more often....what's another 15 mins. a day...
Old 05-16-2005, 10:36 AM
no touchy

That's a great story . In my orchestra, we're playing a piece by a man named Gustav .
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Big Mutts

I love hearing rescue stories, I too get so upset at all the ones left I'd like to foster, but I don't think Carey would tolerate anything but a puppy and with a 2 year old, I don't think I have time for housetraining right now, (at least not a puppy )