Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 12-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Show Dog

what do u guys feel are good foods for pets? I heard innova and caniddae are, what do u think?
Old 12-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Top Dog

I just started adding in Canidae als to my dogs diets to wean them off of craptastic Iams and it seems to be very good stuff, but I've never tried Innova

www.lppboutique.com
Old 12-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Show Dog

lol I'm about to try one of those two. I just found stores near me that sell them so I'll try to ween my dog out of Pedigree
Old 01-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Active Pup

Default Pro Plan

Here is what happened to me recently.I got my brittany at 4.5 years of age about 5 years ago because I wanted a dog I could take hunting immediately so I found wheezie.The guy I bought him from was feeding him Iams so I continued with that until 1.5 years ago when I went to the breeder where wheezie came from to get another brittany to take wheezie's hunting duties over when he retires and she recommends I change to a premium food and gave me a verbal list of what she thought would be good so I chose PRO PLAN by Purina.Everything seemed fine until 6 months went by and wheezie started losing energy and his stomach hurt to the touch,his hips were bothering him and I thought something terrible was happening to him(cancer I thought)I went to the store to buy more pro plan but they were out so I bought a bag of Eukanuba premium performance and watched as wheezie slowly recovered from all of his health problems!!He is running around like he did at 5 again,Today he jumped up on the tailgate of my truck at 10.5 years old!I think that pro plan would have killed him if I kept feeding it.
Wheezie is a male and got his name because he had some fluid in his lungs at birth so he was wheezing for a few days after!poor guy had a rough start to life and pro plan about finished him off.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyLuva1128 View Post
what do u guys feel are good foods for pets? I heard innova and caniddae are, what do u think?
People have had good results with Canidae, and mine have been on Innova since I brought them home. I can't say enough good about how my dogs have thrived on the Innova.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-04-2007, 10:28 PM
GSD lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawsRanch6 View Post
We too feed Kaycee & Fritzi a food from Costco...However we do not feed the Kirkland one we feed the Teal bag that is "Nutra Nuggets" It is a premium food at a reasonable price I feel. It was not on any of the tests! Have a 13 yr old shepherd that has been on it since she was 2 and no problems with her. Kaycee is 7 w/allergies and been on it from when he turned a year. Mom has a 12 year old Newfoundland with dozens of alergies and no trouble! My other dogs are on Eukanuba Premium performance and Iams puppy. I live 3 hours from a Costco so I buy a lot at 1 time so I really don't want to feed it to all 6 and have to worry bout keeping it stocked! lol
Wow, 13 yr old German Shepherd, very impressive...I hope that I have that to look forward to also!
Old 02-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Active Pup

Making your own food is always the best. But I know that some people are just too busy to do this. I cook my dog food in batches and freeze them. He loves it more than any dry or can food available and hasn't had a sick day in his 3 yr life.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Active Pup

One of the things I am suggesting to my readers is to err on the side of caution. The recent Menu Foods recall is only a harbinger of the true scandal involving dog food. When in doubt about any dog food, just say no ...your pups life may be at stake .

MRB
http://www.dogs-4life.com/dog-food-that-kills.html
Old 04-25-2007, 02:38 AM
little liz

Is there actually a list anywhere of dog food manufactures who have been found to use dodgy meat?

For pet portraits get in touch here
Old 05-09-2007, 03:38 AM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommi View Post
i AM REALLY UPSET WITH THIS, WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS? i ALSO HAD TO PUT MY 6 YEAR OLD rOTTIE DOWN BECAUSE SHE HAD LIVER CANCER. dO YOU KNOW HOW IT GETS IN THERE? I WAS TOLD THEY USE ANIMALS THAT HAVE BEEN PUT DOWN TO ADD TO THE DOG FOOD. THIA IS SO SAD THAT WE BUY PRODUCTS THINKING THAT THEY ARE GOOD FOR OUR BABYS AND IT IS ONLY A SLOW DEATH.

The dog food industry has peddled garbage that is no more than industrial waste for years. Toxic chemicals, carcinogens, bloof, undeveloped eggs, feathers and worse.

See what's really in many dog food brands at :
http://www.dogs-4life.com/dog-food-that-kills.html