Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 12-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Puppy Dog

Default yogurt??

I feed my dog Innova Evo turkey and rice formula, but switched him to the red meat formula for a change and he has had diarrhea. I have since put him back on the turkey mix, but was wondering if anone has heard of giving a dog 1/2 tsp. of plain yogurt to help firm up his stool a bit until his tummy feels better. Does anyone know of anything else that may help him with the runs?
Old 12-17-2006, 11:11 AM
Top Dog

I'm not sure a 1/2 tsp is enough to do anything. When my dogs get upset tummies I tend to do the bland diet of cooked, 1/3 plain chicken and 2/3 white rice and gradually go back onto their regular diet.
Eagle Pack makes a nice probiotic called ''Holistic Solution". It comes in a jar that looks like a spice jar with a pink label. It contains: digestive enzymes, direct fed microbials ansd inulin(the food of the good bacteria). I've used it and it seems to help.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:21 AM
RedyreRottweilers

Yoghurt is tasty to dogs, but does not have anywhere near the probiotic load a dog would need to recover from a digestive upset related to a lack of digestive enzymes.

In addition to sam's good suggestion, you can also buy good probiotics from Nature's Farmacy